"Same reason that I told you that day we went to that camping trip together. Do you remember?" I felt my cheeks heat up remembering what happened but the damage was done and soon, I took a walk down memory lane.

"Adam, what are you trying to do?" I shouted at him from afar while squinting to get a better view of him but all I can see was his butt jutting out from the clump of wild flowers.

"Just give me a few more minutes. I'll be with you in a sec," He shouted back and I didn't really want to ruin the surprise so I took a seat under one of the trees and picked on the grasses while playing with the small flowers.

Not a minute later, Adam was in front of me, pulling me to my feet with a hand behind his back. I tried to twist him around to see what he's hiding but he was too quick.

I huffed in frustration, brushing a stray lock of hair out of my eyes. I decided to just stand still and let him do whatever he wants or hide what he wants.

"Cassandra..." He drawled out and I looked the other way childishly, in the mood to mess with him.

"Case..." He tried again but I stood my ground, trying to fight the slight twitch that would give off the small smile that I'm struggling to hide.

Finally, he had enough and grabbed my chin firmly but gently, turning my head to look at him. When I saw what he was handing to me, I heard my conscience aw and trust me when I said I swooned but it was just a mini swoon; just slightly.

He was holding a simple flower crown with different kinds and sizes of flowers weaved together to make a beautiful circle. For such a short notice, I was kind of impressed.

No, forget being 'kind of impressed', I was as impressed as someone can get because let's not kid anyone here; I have no idea how to make those.

I was about to take it from him but he slapped it away with a joking face only to place it on my head himself.

"There. Now you're a princess," He had goofy smile on his smile and I giggle at what he said. It sounded ridiculous. I mean, let's face it. Me? A princess? Who are we trying to fool right now?

"You and I both know that I am nowhere close to a princess, Adam. I don't even do curtsies for God's sake! And besides, I didn't know we simply need a flower crown to be a princess," I joked and gave him a playful shove with my shoulder.

He laughed with me but once he sobered up, he said words that I never thought I would hear from anyone, much less be directed to me.

"I know that you're not a princess in anyone else's eyes but I don't need you to be. You can always be my princess," It was cheesy and it gave me shivers and truth to be told, I have no idea what I was supposed to say to that.

You might be thinking why the hell I wasn't kissing him by then.

I didn't need to - He was already kissing me.

I wasn't used to kissing. It was way out of my comfort zone but it felt like it was just the both of us in this whole world. It was a foreign feeling. The kiss was soft, like we would both crumble down into nothing if we weren't careful.

When we finally ran out of air, our lips finally let the other go and he rested his forehead against mine. "Cassandra Rylie Johnson, you're definitely something."

A small smile grew and danced on my lips at his words. My eyes were still closed and we stayed like that for a few more minutes until he finally broke the silence. He was finally growing some balls to ask me out...