Chapter 11

I woke up in a bed I didn't recognize. I was damp and wrapped ina practically wettowel. I sat up and dropped the towel onto the white bed, walking over to the door and pushing it open.

It was nighttime. The lights in a perfect little line on the ceiling were on, lighting the hallway like an airport landing. They were shining brightly, which meant that it was indeed the middle of the night. I looked around, much more than a little spooked.

To think that a few nights ago I wandered these halls aimlessly, fearlessly!Now I cowered beneath the possibilities that lurked around every corner. Was that ghost thing Luke told me really true? Even if it wasn't, there were still vampires here. 

My fear of the vampire race was back. Not full throttle, yet, but it was still back. The vampires I knew were only slightly scary people, but the ones I didn't seemed like scary childhood story monsters, creatures of the night that made all those terrifying noises when you woke up from a nightmare.

I closed my door behind me, regardless. Maybe my mind would be at peace if I came to find a near-death experience. Maybe Luke would find peace if I came to find death.

I was caught up in my thoughts when I bumped into one of those pale walkers of the night.

"Sorry! I - sorry, I'll be more careful." I said quickly, afraid to anger one of these... these...

The voice I heard afterwards terrified me more than any death scare ever could.

"Katrina!?" It hissed.

................................

...........................

................... Insert suspense here ;D.

...........................

................................

It was Lauren.

I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. Every last fibre of my being was completely and utterly paralyzed.

The hideously unflattering lights somehow didn't effect Lauren. Her pale skin glowed in the light, and she shone like the moon in the blackest sky. Her dark brown hair made her look darker and more intimidating, and her burgendy eyes looked crimson. She was taller than I rememebered, and skinnier yet somehow more muscular. It was probobly just my imagination, but her fangs looked whiter and sharper, too. 

She was wearing a black corset that hugged her body, making her look like she was carved from stone. Skinny jeans hugged her legs, too, and black heels were strapped onto her feet. She looked fantastic.

She looked furious.

She looked ecstatic.

"Huh-ho. The tables have turned in my favor, haven't they, now?" She said with a smirk, her arms crossed victoriously over her chest. "I'm a bit confused though - you've caught me off guard. You're a hell of a long way from Luke, you know that, princess?"

"Lauren-" I began, but she puts a finger to my lips.

"Shut it. I've heard it before, Katrina." She grins again, her primal instincts kicking in as she walks slowly in a circle around me.

"So why did Luke leave you down here anyways? Of course he didn't know I come up to the main floor often, but still... what did the perfect little angel do that got her put down here?"

She spit the words "perfect little angel" at me slowly, each one more venomous than the previous one. She stopped in front of me, her heels clicking loudly on the floor. She knew that she was going to dominate me if it came down to a fight - which I knew it would. She was cocky about her obvious superiority.