Chapter 3

I arrived back at the castle just in time for dinner. Luke grinned at me happily.

"So, Katrina, how's your family?" He asked.

I scowled at him and replied. "My mom's as skinny as a super model, my dad's as nice as a freaking murderer, and my sister is no where to be found."

"EXCELLENT, HOW'S YOURS?"

Luke blinked at me, shocked. I never exploded on him like this, and it shook him up. I picked up my plate, suddenly not hungry, and shoved into the sink. I stormed upstairs, to my room, and locked the door.

I was really worried about my family. My dad was too into his work to care about my mom, my mom was too angry at my dad to care about me, and I was too angry at my mom and dad to worry about Tori. And Tori was too angry at mom and dad to come back.

"Katrina? I'm sorry... I didn't know that... that your family..."

I smiled sadly at Luke's desperate apolagy. No matter what I did to that kid, he still loved me. Heck, I could kill his dad and he'd still love me!

I got up and unlocked my door. It was unfair to hold a grudge against Luke for my family's mistakes.

Luke opened my door and hugged me tightly, his way of apolagizing to me. I pushed him away; I should be apolagizing to him, not the other way around!

"No, Luke... it's okay. I just... I'm angry, is all. I shouldn't of exploded at you. I'm sorry."

Luke nodded. He understood completely... he always did. I smiled sadly, knowing that if I hugged him I'd cry and babble on about what was in my mind. And looking into Luke's eyes, I knew that even though that was exactly what he wanted me to do, I couldn't.

Lately, Hunter had been bugging me about relying on Luke for comfort. He had asked me what I would do if I ever lost Luke, whether it was death or just him not loving me anymore, and I knew I'd probobly do exactly what David had done; kill myself.

When Hunter had asked me that, David's death suddenly made sense to me. David had relied on his girlfriend, Lily, to comfort him, protect him, and be there for him. And vice versa. When Lily died, David felt like he had nothing left, even though he had family. He knew that nothing else in the world could help him; once he lost Lily, he lost everything. And once I understood that, I knew I couldn't be like that. I knew I had to deal with some things on my own.

So I left Luke standing in my room, confused. And I walked down the hall to Hunter's room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knocked on Hunter's door. "Hunter? Hunter, it's Katrina. I... I need to talk to you."

Hunter's door flew open and he grinned at me proudly. "What about, Triny?" He said. I scowled. His nickname for me was Triny, mostly when he was teasing me.

"Can I come in?" I asked, ignoring his mocking tone.

"Aww, you're no fun today. Usually you spaz out." He said, laughing. He opened his door wider and spread his hand out to his room. "Come on in. What's the matter?" I sat down on Hunter's bed, staring up at him. "It's... it's my parents. My sister, Tori, she left after I left. My dad became really bitter, and my mom got angry at him and locked herself in her room. What you said to me - about not coming to Luke for everything - made me think of my brother and Lily. That's..." (I gulped down a lump in my throat.) "... that's why I came to you."

Hunter, for once, didn't smirk superiorly. He just stared at me.

"Explain to me, about your brother and Lily." He commanded, sitting down beside me.

~>

So I did.