Chapter 17

Chace flew me back to New York. We landed on the rooftop of his penthouse. Of course his pad has a freaking helipad.

Chace's hand held up to help me as I hop out the enormous aircraft. As soon as we touch, there's this unusual feeling again. I don't even understand what it is but it feels welcoming, warmth and comfort. I can't even explain but yeah I felt... solace.

I hold on to him for support as I climb down, but the dress and the heels made it difficult for me. Don't fall. Don't flop, please! I chant to myself, but before I could even step a foot on the ladder, my heel got trap on my long dress making me trip and fall ungraciously. Oh yeah. Ms. Clumsy is here. Again!

Chace was able to catch me by the waist as I snake my arms around his neck. We're an inch away from kissing. My eyes almost falling from their sockets and I could sense I'm becoming as red as my dress. His breathing, oh my goodness, we are face to face. He is clutching my waist and my heart is out of control already. Why the hell do I feel this... this thing deep inside me whenever he touches me. It's weird, foreign, but I'm starting to like this strange feeling.

"I got you babe." Chace whispers and my whole body melts. His voice, oh merciful gracious father! The way he delivered those four words sent shivers to my lonely soul. He suddenly makes me feel alive inside-out. I'm staring at his lips. Damn it! I want to touch them with my own lips.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He interrupts my reverie as his blue eyes blaze with unknown emotion, yet so tantalizing.

"I.. uh. Sorry." I simply utter as I scurry away from his arms. He slowly puts me down on my feet but his hands still glued around the hinge of my waist.

"Are you good to go?" He asks politely as his voice fills with concern.

"Yup. Thanks." I utter shyly.

Chace grins and it's so infectious I could sense my self smiling back.

"Shall I take you home now or you want to stay in?" Chace offers.

OhmyG! Did he just offer me to spend the night with him? My mouth felt dry and the wind blows carelessly on my face. All I see is his blue eyes and I wasn't even aware that my jaw is also hanging open until Chace winks at me as he waits for me to reply.

"I..uh.. home. Please."

I finally found my incoherent words but before Chace says another word, a low-tone voice interferes our conversation.

"Mr. Morris."

A guy in a black suit appears from somewhere behind us with a deadpan expression curved on his face.

"What?" Chace rolls his eyes at the man and I could tell that the big and muscular guy felt uncomfortable with his boss's stern and cold demeanor.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Ms. Wilson is demanding to see you."

Chace's muscles clench underneath his dark suit and the soft glow from his face a while ago disappeared as soon as he heard the name.

"Tell her I'm going to meet her inside." Chace orders to the security guy.

"Also, tell the driver to take Miss Hamilton back to her place." He adds before the guy disappears in our sight.

So, he's not taking me home? Liar!

I am a bit irritated about the situation and somehow curious about what's happening between Ms. Wilson and Chace. Why does she want to see him this late at night? Well, who am I to interfere. I'm just his secretary, who he hired to be his fake girlfriend by the way.

I am waiting for Chace to say a word to me before I leave but he seems preoccupied and it bothers me. The whole elevator ride is dead silent and it is the most uncomfortable ride of my life. At times I want to kill the dark vibes and speak to him but I don't have a word to say so I just ignore him as I feel like he is also ignoring my presence.

In the basement, two similar postured guys await from us in front of a black SUV Mercedes Benz.

I'm about to step out of the elevator when Chace's hand touches my back as if I'm a fragile doll.

"Sorry I can't take you home tonight." He finally speaks to me. His tone is so serene that it actually makes me nervous. I just nod at him as a response for I don't know how to react with the kind of persona he has right now.

The same guy who picked me up last time in my apartment, who I've come to recognize just now, open the car door for me.

"Mr. Morris, Miss Wilson is already in your suit."

The security guy mumbles professionally to Chace as I climb inside the car, but Chace didn't reply to him this time. The driver already closed the car door then Chace walks toward my window. He stands there with his godly features as if he can see right through the heavily tinted window. I know he can't see me but for goodness sake, I can clearly see him from where I am sitting. His eyes are looking directly to mine as if there is nothing blocking in between our body.

The car window slowly opens and I could almost see a glimpse of Chace's face.

"No! Please. Stop!"

I utter nervously to the driver which he gladly obeys. I'm feeling nervous and I'm really confused right now and it doesn't make sense to me at all. Why does it feels like my heart is about to jump out of its cage? A tiny opening from the window is left open and the mere fact that Chace is standing behind the tinted window gets me so fuzzy about the way I feel right now. I can't let him see me in this state. I need to figure out what this is exactly.

"Go now."

Chace faint but stern voice echoes inside the car and before I know it, we are out of the building and into the highway.

I shift from left to right on my seat. Suddenly, I'm feeling relentless and I don't even understand why am I acting this strange. I focus my eyes on the view outside the window to distract my self from being strange but all I see is his face and his blue eyes.

"Are you feeling okay Ms. Hamilton?"

The driver wakes me from my distress. He must have noticed me.

"Yes. I'm fine. Are we almost there?"

I collect myself from being fuzz before checking the time on my watch.

"Five more minutes Ma'am."

The driver utters politely.

***

It's way past bedtime and I'm still here lying on my bed, wide awake. I tried drinking chamomile tea but it's no help. I tossed and turned. I even tried to sleep on my couch to test if I will fall asleep but everything I do is no help. Before I know it, I'm grabbing my phone from the bedside table and scan through the photos from the wedding. All I see is the beautiful view of the Morris' mansion, the sunset in the lake, the sunrise in the garden, the stars from the gazebo, and a picture of me and Chace kissing. At first, I'm hella surprised and thinking why the hell do I have a picture like this on my phone. Then I remembered that Chace's sister sent me a picture before we left but I'm too busy expressing my goodbyes with the whole family that I forgot to check it.

My fingertip unconsciously touches my lips as if I'm relieving the feeling of his lips on mine. Yet again, my heart starts to pound so heavy I could even hear it. I spend the entirety of my night staring at the photo until my eyelids felt droopy and fall asleep hoping to see him in my dreams.

xxx

P.