Netflix and Chill

Start from the beginning

"Danny." I whined dragging out his name.

"What?" He asked dragging it out at much as I did. I could feel a small spark of happiness erupt in my chest and fought down a grin.

"I need to make breakfast." I said lifting the bags in my hands.

"Fine. Let's move." He said taking a step. I couldn't help my laugh this time and leaned my head back onto his shoulder.

"Let me go." I whispered into his ear. He sighed but released me, not before kissing my jaw though. I smiled and grabbed a wooden spoon on my way to the hot pan. I ignored his presence as I worked but I could feel his eyes on me. As I shook the skillet lightly evening out the potatoes music filled my ears. I rested the spoon down then turned to him.

"No." I said as he opened his arms.

"Oh come on. Dancing in the kitchen in a thing." He said waving his arms around.

"Yeah, I know, but you see this skillet? Not only are these potatoes very, extremely, valuable but that is some hot ass grease that I don't plan on getting on my hands and, or legs."

"You're such an adult." He said rolling his eyes. I dramatically rolled my eyes back but got back to waffles. The music never stopped and I did find myself swaying my hips every now and then. I used a one cup measuring scoop for the batter and occasionally flipped my potatoes so they would stay crunchy. Five out of eight pancakes done and I got started on the eggs. I whipped up ten eggs and added a dash of milk then grabbed another pan. I put a small chunk of butter in then scraped out another waffle while it melted. I poured in my eggs earning a small sizzle and grabbed yet another wooden spoon.

They were my favorite.

As the eggs cooked along side the potatoes, I poured another waffle then grabbed the sausage links out of the freezer. I put a paper towel on the plate then put eight sausage links on and popped them in the microwave for a minute and forty five seconds. I took my potatoes off the burner and scraped my eggs.

"Hey Danny." I said as I scraped.

"Hey yeah?"

"Grate the cheese." I said turning around and walking over to the waffles. He saluted then came up next to me. I handed him a bowl and the grater then pulled out the waffle. He grated as I sprayed the waffle iron for the last one. As I scraped the bowl pouring the last of the batter in, Danny bumped hips with me causing some of the batter to fling left missing the iron. I paused and gave him a challenging eye before I finished off the bowl. I put it in the sink and grabbed a paper towel cleaning the small mess.

"Is this enough cheese?" He asked showing me the almost full soup bowl.

"Yup." I said grabbing it and turning to the eggs. I sprinkled it all over the top and stirred it quickly.

"Can you please grab two large bowls from under the sink?" I asked. He nodded then retrieved them. I dumped the eggs in one as he dumped the potatoes and I stuck both the serving spoons in each. He brought them booth to the table and I grabbed the waffles, butter, and syrup. I set them all on the table then got orange juice and the sausage while Danny set the table, no questions asked.

Once glasses and everything were on the table Danny and I sat down.

"Breakfast!" I yelled out. My dad came in from his study and Ethen ran in from the living room.

"Where's the hot sauce and ketchup?" Ethen asked as he sat down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry sir." I said in a sarcastic voice getting up. I grabbed the hot sauce and ketchup from the fridge and sat back down.