The Mare and the Kiss

Two weeks had passed and Odin was still trying to find out what had caused the chaos in the village, he knew it couldn't have been something wild since nothing we knew of fit the description given by whiteness's. He had guards patrolling the village day and night just in case it happened again, but so far nothing has. No one was aloud to travel beyond the village unless it was for urgent business and Odin had permitted.

Me and Loki began to patch up the gaping hole that was caused from my absence, i still tried to distance myself but had to keep reminding myself that for the plan to work, and for him to trust me, i couldn't. It made the situation a lot more difficult for me.

It was late evening, i was in the library and the the sun was setting, causing an orange hue to fill the room. I had been training all day to prefect my skills after last weeks embarrassment, training every day for a few hours has worn be out and caused my hands to swell and blighter slightly. i needed my own bow back, it was tailored to my strength and easier to use with years of handling. Problem is, no one is aloud into the forest with the guards on patrol. I know where i placed it many years ago, hidden within the empty hollow of a tree about a mile into the forest, I also haven't been back to the cabin since i was attacked and brought here. Which reminds me, i best give a visit to the mare i was given from Thanos.

I placed the book i was reading back to its assigned place on the shelf and made my way to the stables. I had to pass my chambers on the way decided to grab a cloak to shield me from the evening chill.

I pulled up the hood as i ventured into the cold air, the stables in sight and i could see my mares head peeking out of the stable door.

She noticed me as i approached, whinnying excitedly.

"Sorry i haven't visited, i had no excuse" i say as i gently stroke down her nose.

At that moment the stable hand, a young boy with short wiry brown hair, appears, holding a horse rug. He stops suddenly at my presence, hesitating before giving a slight bow.

"No need for that..." i look to him waiting for a name

"Bjarni, Lady Kionna. I was informed it is protocol to bow before royalty" he says as he lays the rug over the door of an empty stable.

"Yes, but i am not royalty" i laugh slightly

"I was told since you are a Lady of the palace, you must be classed as royalty"

i smile at him, knowing that he is right, before changing the subject.

"Is the rug for this mare?" i ask as i stroke her nose once more.

"Yes, Lady Kionna. Just about to put it on her"

"May i do it? if you don't mind?" i gesture towards the rug, hoping he would say yes.

"Of course. Do you know how?" He hands the rug to me.

"I'm an Elf, i grew up with horses" i laugh and he follows before leaving me to tend to the other horses.

I talk to her as i place the rug on her back, adjusting it to fit more comfortably. She is very beautiful, pure white with a silver mane and tale, along with the most beautiful sea green eyes i have ever laid my own eyes upon.

"You need a name" i say to her. She turns towards me, a load of hay in her mouth.

"How about Aelfia? it means forest spirit, or forest angel. i think it suits you, what do you think?" i pat her neck. She replies with nodding her head and whinnying once more.

"Aelfia it is" i pat her neck before adjusting her rug once more.

"The stable boy should be doing that" i voice exclaims from outside the stable. Both me and Aelfia jump at the voice that is out of our sight, but once i turn i notice it is Loki.

"You made me almost jump out of my skin!" i mockingly shout at him.

"Not my intent" he laughs, coming to stand at the door of the stable.

"I wanted to do it. Shes my horse after all. I enjoy her company. You should do the same with your horse." i play with her mane and forelock as she carrys on eating her hay.

"No time for that." he leans up against the door, arms crossed.

"Your horse is also your son. which makes your reluctance even worse" i smirk at him but my comment is still serious.

"I visit him sometimes. Now i would be ever so glad if you would get off my case. Also supper will be served soon"

"I'm not feeling hungry, i think i will just go to bed" I give Aelfia one last stroke on her nose bore leaving and closing the bottle part of the stable door.

Me and Loki walk in comfortable silence through the halls of a palace for a few moments until he speaks as we arrive closer to my chambers.

"Will you be training tomorrow?" he asks, his hands behind his back and a quizzical look upon his face.

"I think a rest is needed. My hands need to heal desperately." i show him my sore, blistered hands and he shoots me a look of disgust, shaking his head slightly.

We approach the doors to my chamber and we both stop, silent for a moment.

"See you for breakfast then? or will you be skipping that meal also?" he laughs and i scoff.

"I never miss breakfast and you know it" we both laugh until the humour dyes out. The silence is awkward, unlike out comfortable silence that we shared a few moment ago and have shared many times in the past.

As i look up to him i see him blinking towards me and then to the floor, as if he wants to say something but is unable to gather the correct words.

I was about to ask f something was wrong when without warning he steps forward and my lips are met with his. At first i am startled at his sudden movement but i find myself melting into it. Suddenly i feel more secure and more at home then i have since i arrived back here. I forget everything, my mind completely blank, only focused on this moment, time stood still, what lasted only a few seconds seemed to last for hours. In that moment i had never ran away, i had never been hurt, i had never felt fear. Even after he pulled away reality didn't feel real, only a distant nightmare that would be forgotten by the brake of dawn.

We both smiled, not able to take our eyes off each others.

"See you in the morning" He whispered delicately, all i could do was nod, still with a smile gracing my face.

He turned to make his way to the hall and i opened my door, closing it behind me and leaning against it as it shut.

Once the door had clicked shut the feeling of fear that was suppressed now overcome my whole body, washing away the warm feeling of safety and causing my body to go ice cold.

I sighed before dropping to the floor in defeat, clasping my legs close to my chest.