Promise

I opened the door to my chamber and swiftly closed it behind me, leaning my back against it while letting out a heavy sigh. Couldn't i just leave again? of course i can't, running from any problems will never solve them. I couldn't live with myself if i hurt him like that again, as much as he enraged me I just couldn't do it.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see something glistening, I turned to see that it was the bottle of wine from last night. I picked it up knowing their would still be some left, so as I have been doing lately I gulped most of it, letting the cold liquid make my throat tense up at its strength.
I sat upon the end of my bed, looking through the top of the bottle, wondering why I was resorting to alcohol whenever things got a little bit too much for me. I knew it wouldn't help in anyway but I still drank myself into oblivion in the hopes of ridding the crippling fear that consonantly seethed throughout me.
I'm obviously not as strong as I used to be.
I don't know how long I was sat there for, staring into the bottle with a blank mind. The only thing that knocked me out of my gaze was the knock on the door.

"Yeah" I called, giving whoever it was permission to enter.

It was Loki, he closed the door behind him softly before looking towards me.

"Kionna...I apologize for hurting you like that, it was not my intent" his voice was calming.

"It's okay" I replied softly.

"But it's not. You are finally back home and all I have done is push you away." he takes a few steps towards me but obviously didn't want to get too close.

"I haven't really helped either. But we can't expect things to go back to the way they used to be, or the way we used to be" I look towards him sounding completely hopeless, letting my body slump slightly, exhausted from this constant fight. 

"I agree. Do you believe that there is chance we could return to the way we were before?"

"I don't know..." I looked away from him, sighing heavily. "...We have both changed in more ways that we can both comprehend"

"Kionna..." he paced over to me, taking the bottle from my hands to place It on the floor as he knelt in front of me, not taking his eyes off mine. "...I made a promise to you many years ago. Despite what we have both been through the last few years, I am still going to keep that promise."

I had to look away as tears blurred my vision from his words. It was exactly what I needed to hear, I knew our feelings were still the same, no matter how long we would be apart, those feelings would still be there.
The problem was, now that he actually said it, it made the current situation I was in even worse.

Loki just stared at me, waiting for a response, he was about to speak until a single tear escaped and rolled down my cheek.
He reached his hand towards me hesitantly, hoping I wouldn't move away. I felt the iciness of his skin rub against my face, whipping away the tear but he didn't remove his hand from my warm skin.

"Do not cry my forest nymph" I smiled softly as he rubbed his thumb across my cheek delicately.

"I'm not a nymph. The pointed ears say so" I smiled back

"You do have nymph blood do you not?"

I nodded with a smile. The nymph blood originated a few generations before me on my mother's side of the family.
Nymphs are known to be able to connect with nature better than any species of elves could, even forest elves, which is what I am. Somehow me and my mother are the only ones that have been able to harness this ability after many generations that consisted of pure forest elf blood. Even though it was unusual among the elf community, I still loved it.

"Come, breakfast is ready" he stood.

"Okay, I will change first" I stood with him.

He nodded and left the room, leaving me to change clothing.

The dress I picked was floor length with a slight trail, light teal in colour, v neck and had a golden belt around the waist where the material gathered and on the shoulders. I brushed my hair and got flat shoes that matched the colour of my dress. It was simple but beautiful.

Once ready I left the room to find Loki stood waiting for me. He turned as I walked out the door, seeming to freeze for a moment, taking in what I was wearing before meeting his eyes with mine.
I must admit, the v neck did show of a bit of cleavage, but if you've got it, flaunt it.

"Do I look okay?" I ask, smoothing down my dress before looking back at him,

"Of course. You look beautiful" I smiled coyly.

I looked to the floor, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Let's go, I'm starved." he says and i walk beside him as we made our way to the great hall. The walk was quiet, but without any awkwardness.
For the first time since I returned I could feel happiness. Happiness that didn't include excessive amounts of alcohol. For a moment I was in a tranquil state although fear still raged throughout my body, I just had to try and push those feeling away.

For now.