Night Terror

With an almost empty bottle of wine I sat at the end of the bed. I hoped that the wine would rid me of the fear and sorrow from the argument with Loki and the meeting with Thanos, but it had only made it worse. I couldn't cry anymore but my head pounded like I had been crying for days straight.
Trying to empty my mind didn't help, the pain got progressively worse until my whole body became numb.
I couldn't tell Loki, and I couldn't run from it all. I was trapped. Freed from rotting in a cell for three years and I am still trapped.

Suddenly I couldn't breathe, the air seemed to thicken and pain ripped through my body to the point I was on knelt on the floor, whimpering.
I tried desperately to take control over my body, to move my limbs, and to reduce my rapidly increasing heartbeat, but the pain ripped through me again, like fire. I could feel it pulsing through my veins, engulfing every nerve as it shot through my body over and over again.
I completely lost control of my body, slumping to the ground with a thud.

Calling out in hope that someone would come to my aid was completely useless, no sound would leave from my mouth apart from a croak.
I knew what was happening, but it couldn't happen here, anywhere but here. I could kill people.
My eyes began to cloud over, from the corners towards the centre, everything turning a blinding white before going completely black. It was too late.

----------------

Something soft rubbed against my face, I opened my eyes only to see green in front of me. The ground was cold as I pulled myself up, completely drained of energy but relived that I had control over my body once again.
I observed the surroundings the best I could despite having blurred vision. I could make out trees around me and the bright colours of the vibrant flowers that were scattered around me.
I was in the woods, and as I turned I could see the glow of the city, being illuminated by the morning sun that had just risen.
Thankfully I was away from people now, but I was rather reluctant on knowing what happened before I got here. What destruction I may have caused.

As my vision recovered I decided to make my way to the stables, the long way, in hopes to avoid anyone.
There was an entrance into the palace from the stables which I knew was the safest route.

Nearing the stables, but before venturing out of the woods into open land I used what energy I had to disguise myself. I wasn't able to change my complete look so I simply closed my eyes and a black cloak appeared on my back. Pulling up the hood to cover my face the best I could I took one look around me, making sure no one was around, and made my way to the entrance into the palace.
As I approached the stables the door to the palace opened and a young boy stepped out, with messy hair and hay sticking to his working robes.
I ran behind the stables, hoping he didn't see me. I could hear him walking closer, and then the sound of a lock and a door opening.

"Hey boy, you hungry?"

Sighing, relieved that he didn't see me, I made my way around the back of the stables, peeking around the corner too see where the boy was.
He wasn't in sight so I made a run for it.
Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in once inside, I made my way to my room, keeping my hood up as I did.
Halfway there I bumped into a figure as I turned the corner.
I kept my head down, mumbling a sorry as I tried to get past, but the figure called my name.

"Kionna?" I stopped in my tracks knowing from the voice that it was Frigga.
Turning towards her I pulled my hood down.

"Sorry Frigga, I didn't notice it was you" I smiled at her.

"Where have you been? Loki and Thor have been looking for you" she asked seemingly worried and a confused look etched upon her face.

My brain rattled for an explanation, a lie that is believable. I didn't like lying but it is all I have done since I returned back here.

"I was just out having a walk around the wood" I smiled, hoping she wouldn't question me further.

"In the wood? After what transpired during the night?"

"I-I woke up before dawn so decided to pass the time until sun rise. Why? What happened?" I tried my best to sound and look bewildered at the latter.

"The attack on the village. Talks of some sort of beastly being. Come now..."she grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction she was originally going. "...We have been distressed over your whereabouts, Loki will be relieved to know you are safe.

We arrived at the throne room, Odin, Thor and Loki were there. They all fell silent as they turned to Frigga and me.

"Where have you been?" Loki called as he marched towards us.

"I was out walking in the wood, I am fine. Frigga told me what happened." I tried to assure him, but knowing him, it would have little effect.

"You foolish child, you could have been killed!" He barked.

"I am not a child! I can take care of myself." I snarled back at him.

"I beg to differ" he scoffed, shaking his head as he did.

"I do not need your protection, not now, not ever. I have survived hell beyond what you could imagine the last few years, and I survived it without you." With that I turned and left before any of them could respond.