The place I once called home

I am terribly sorry about the delay. I am trash haha :')
--------------------------------------------------

My body was shaking and the sound of hooves on concrete filled my ears. I opened my eyes to see the blur of buildings speeding past. The last thing I can remember was being attacked by bandits, I have no idea where I am now. 

Have they took me? Strapped me on a horse and took me to wherever they please? I hoped they would kill me, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen to me these last few years, hell, it was something I probably wouldn’t decline if it was offered to me.

I pull myself up on the horse only to realise that I was on my mare, speeding through a golden town.
She must have rescued me.
Since I was in a disorientated state it took me a few moments to realise that it wasn’t any old town of Asgard as I looked up to the golden fortress, looming over me as we neared the palace gates.

My mare nickers slightly and I reply by rubbing her neck in reassurance the best I could, despite every inch of my body being in pain.
My hands were burnt and black from the force of my magic when I was fighting off the bandits.
Blood saturating my body and clothes, which were barely covering me.

As I looked around, seeing the people rush out of the way of a horse galloping towards them, my head began to spin and pound, my muscles limped to the point where I couldn’t keep myself upright, no matter how much I tried. I had no choice but to lay my head on her mane and hope I don’t fall off.
She began to slow as we approached the gates, neighing as loudly as possible to get the attention of someone within the palace. Banging her hoof against the gate also.

After a few moments and more pounding on the gates, I hear them being opened and two guards rushing to my side, taking one look at me before looking at each other in confusion.

“Are you alright miss?” one guard asks me, I don’t know which one as I couldn’t open my eyes properly.

“Who are you?” one puts his hand on my hand, either to check whether I was still alive or to get a response.

I open my mouth to reply but nothing comes out. I try again, pushing my diaphragm as hard as possible, to hopefully push the words out.
Nothing.

“Kionna?” I hear someone say.
Forcing my eyes open I can just make out a large man, with long curly red hair and a beard to match.

Its Volstagg, I couldn’t be anyone else.

I give a weak smile, since it is the best I can do to reply.

“She must be taken too see Eir, immediately” He says to the guards before pulling me off the horse as gently as possible.

As he carries me through the Palace I try to open my eyes again, desperately wanting to see the walls of the place I once called home. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t focus or keep my eyes open long enough.

I whimpered in pain, trying to take control of my body, my brain and body felt distant, barely hanging on to what was left.
My senses were the only things still working.
The noise of Volstaggs heavy footsteps as he carried me.
The smell of horse hair lingered in my nose.
The pain in every nerve.
The blur of the golden halls.
The taste of blood on my tongue.

“It will be okay Lady Kionna, you will be healed soon enough” Volstagg reassures me.

I knew what was happening to me, my full body was drained of all my energy when fighting with bandits. My magical energy was not strong enough to keep my body from functioning normally, so parts of me were shutting down, sort of like a hibernation.

“She was outside the gates, her energy is fading” Volstagg calls, as I was placed on a bed in what must have been in one of the palace healing rooms, a blurred figure of a woman dressed in all white rushed over to me, taking in my beaten state for a few moments before turning to Volstagg.
I relaxed into the soft mattress, my hearing now fading as the commotion in the room started to go quiet.

I was only able to make out a few things they were saying.

“She is uncooperative”

“She needs to be put into an unconscious sleep”

“Does Loki know she is here?”

I knew I was safe and needed to let my body heal, it could take days if I’m lucky, but in the state I was in, I would probably be like this for months.
I just let myself slip into the sleep, thankful that I could escape for a while.