Chapter 3: Getting to know the enemy

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry Avi."

We let go reluctantly and with the same soft voice he said "Pack up guys. We'll first go to the town and buy food and supplies. I'm already done with packing so I'll wait here."

Um okay... I hoped he was joking, but by the serious expression on his face he actually wasn't joking.

Nate and I both left for our rooms with silence lingering around us. So that's it. We were going to leave this place, probably forever. But what about all the memories? Our happy memories...

Maybe that's the point? We were leaving because of all the memories.

I closed the door behind me and faced my room. Not too big, not too small. Just perfect.

I grabbed a rather large bag and stuffed it with clothes: a few hoodies, shirts, jeans, shorts, jackets and socks. Then I ran to the bathroom to get our toothbrushes and toothpaste. I got back to my room and packed my all-time favourite books: Harry Potter! Then I got some manga which I don't have much just 3 volumes.

My eyes went around the room, searching for something. Yes my cellphone.

I sat on my bed and watched the rainy weather in front of me. I didn't want to leave this place.

The I heard loud steps going down the stairs. They woke me up from my daydreaming. I should be going. I grabbed the pictures of me, my brothers and our aunt and closed the door behind me.

I went to the kitchen but no one was there. And then I heard some voices. The TV! I headed to the living room and found my brothers sitting in from of the TV watching the news.

This should be interesting.

The news lady was with a serious tone and expression which seemed almost frightened. " We have reports from scientists and disease testing facilities all over the world, that a new infection has struck us. The name is still unknown, but the effect are. Our reporter Alan is here to tell us more about it" The screen switched to a young dark haired man and a middle aged red headed woman. The reporter spoke: "Hello, I am here with Susan Talli head of infection research and testing department. Hello Susan." The woman smiled and replied. "Hello Alan. I'm here to inform you and the viewers about the symptoms of the infection and how to prevent it." The man now faced the camera and said " Yes indeed. I have a couple of questions to ask you. First of all how to you get the infection?" "Well by body fluids. That means by exchanging saliva, blood and having sexual intercourse." She finished. "Hm, yes. But what are the symptoms of it?" The report asked.

"The first symptom is uneasiness. that leads to vomiting and stomach aches. The second is high fever and shaking. This will result to paleness of the skin. By now your body movements will be permanently slown down. Your skin will start to peel off, mostly on your face. This may result to hair loss, but that is if the infection is most aggressive." She finished. The mans facial expression became stiff, it looked as if he was petrified. But he soon got back to his own professional self.

"Hm. Yes, well then. What is the result of it?" The woman now wasn't smiling, her smile faded slowly and the she just spoke one word "Death". Talli then lifted her glasses and continued. "But what surprises us is beyond oridinary. The corpse of the recently diseased starts to reanimate. Their nervous system starts to work again part of the brain starts to work."

"P-Part o-of the brain" The man interrupted.

"Yes. Some of the parts of the brain don't work, like the emotions. The body doesn't feel emotion or pain for that matter. The body starts to feel hunger... Uncontrollable hunger. I'm speaking of cannibalism. You will attack every living thing. And I assure you it is not a pretty sight. We advise you if you find out that you or someone you know is infected then please inform us." And with that she finished.

"Yes, thank you Susan for this information." He faced the camera again. "And to you viewers please stay tuned either by television or radio for more information about this still unnamed infection. Your staff shall inform us am I correct?"

"Certainly." Susan Talli's smile was back.

"Now back to you Jill."

Silence. Black screen. The face of the terrified news lady was speaking.

"Thank you Alan. Now in other news the kille-"

The TV was turned off.

"Hey! Whatcha do that for!?" Nate asked.

"I did it because we need to go! I told you it's dangerous being here without supplies" Sam replied calm.

"Sure, sure. Hey Avi? You okay?"

"Yeah. Just hurry up I don't wanna be here anymore" My voice sounded like I haven't spoken in years.

We walked to the car with our bags and stuffed them. I sat back while Sam was in the driver seat and Nate who was playing on his PSP was next to him. The radio was turned on and some reggae music was playing. Just the music I was looking for. To relax.

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

We were driving for about a half an our to the nearest town when something came up in my mind. Zombies. There was a freaking apocalypse and everyone was going to die from being eaten to death or being infected.

"Hey guys... these are zombies everyone has been talking about right... what are we going to do?" I suddenly found myself speaking.

"Well duh..." Nate replied turning around and grinning like the Cheshire cat. "We fight!"

I laughed. "Hell yeah!" Sam broke out laughing. "We'll show those bastards what we got!"

That's right we were gonna fight!

Then a screaming came from somewhere... Sam stopped his car and looked around. There was blood on the road...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A/N: Ollo! If there are ANY grammar mistakes please tell me and I you can you can give me suggestions of what happens next!! I want you guys to be involved!!!

Byeeeee!

~Mina OUT!~