Zombies hate optimism (Title will change!)

A/N: Yup. I'm writing a zombie flick! I'm trying my best to keep it original and make different than the others. Hope you like it. And please do comment about it! :D

Appreciate it! ~Mina OUT~

******************************************************

Chapter 1: Grave News

"NATE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Get your fat butt over here NOW!" I said as I was heading to the kitchen."What is it love?" said my older brother mockingly.

As I was about to slap him behind the head he quickly managed to run over to the living room and say "Don't mess with the man with the fast reflexes as-" "As a dead horse?" I interrupted him quickly.

I don't know why but I was so happy at that moment; probably because of the major ass-kicking he was gonna get from me.

I walked cautiously, like a tiger waiting for the right moment to snatch his prey. In my case: my 16 year old couch potato brother. So I creeped next to the sofa which was occupied by the 'man' with the reflexes of a horses corpse.

In the middle of  my surprise/tickle/attack/jump a couple of strong hands grabbed the top of my head. I tried to wiggle out free, but I only made things worse. The person that trapped me in this awkward crouching position lifted me up and burst into a fit of laughter.

I could recognise that crystal laugh from anywhere.

"SAAAAAAM!" I screamed "You sneaky little bastard you!" But before my oldest brother could open his mouth to reply, Nate who was completely oblivious to his surroundings now jumped out of the sofa and with his high-pitched voice because of the excitement and surprise said "Sam! You finally came!"

His expression quickly changed from happy to counfused and ofcourse to the 'almost-laughing-my brains out-from laughter'.

I sighed 'boys will be boys'.

Sam gave me a bear hug and finally put me down. "What's up guys? Missed me?" Sam said smugly.

"NO!" Both of our voices spoke simultaneously. Of course we were joking. Our brother and aunt were called by the military to come to the capital for some sort of boring experiment. Wait ...

"Um Sam? W-Where's aunt Frankie?" my voice was filled with worry. Sam sat on a small chair opposite the sofa and mouthed the word 'sit'. Nate and I raced to the sofa. We both sat down. I was glancing and Nate and I could see there was something worrying him too. I had this feeling something bad was going to happen.

"Now listen carefully." Sam said seriously like the older brother he was. He cleared his throat and started explaining.

"The military called us because of some sort of infection caused by radiation and a new unknown bacteria. We and the researchers thought the infection wasn't deadly..." Sam let out a sigh and continued "But nobody informed us. If we only knew." His hands were balled into fists. "Then they took aunt Frankie and infected her. They said they had the cure, they just need it to be tested. A lie..." Nate's whole body tensed. "No... NO!" screaming I ran upstairs to my getaway, my room. I slammed the door with extra force. Then I flopped myself on the bed and wept. I cried so much.

She was dead.

My sweet kind aunt. She was the one to comfort us, to guide us through our troublesome years, to put a stop to our silly sibling fights and to love us and to be there for us. And now she was gone. I would never hear her sweet voice and her kind face beaming at us.

I reluctantly got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom still crying. I cleared my mind from all those cruel emotions crushing my heart.

I closed the door behind me. I looked myself at the mirror. "Now stop crying Avia. NOW!". More tears rolled. Damn it!

SIlence.

I heard muffled voices from downstairs, but I couldn't care less about them now.

The cold water woke me up from deep thought. Goosebumps started to rise on my pale skin.

I looked at the mirror again. I was a complete wreck!

My usual light brown hair was sticking out everywhere, the usual bright green eyes that greeted me were now all red and puffy.

And then I smiled.

I need to be optimistic. Even in the hardest of times. That's what my aunt used to say.

A bigger smile spread across my red, thin lips. I will always remember her.

****************************************************************************

A/N: My first chapter!!! Yay! I can hear the gods celebrating (NOT :P). Well anyways I really hope someone will comment and I really don't mind negative opinions ( it feeds me...muhahaha!!!) just don't flame too much! I am dedicating this chapter to the awesome epic super author of a story called Absolute_Contamination (READ IT NAO!!!) Thank you for inspiring me to start my own story. LOVE YOU!

~ Mina OUT~