The Flight.

I knew she would probably tell the others but I had to give it a shot, she was already onto me about it. I climbed down the edges of the cove, with the occasional glance over the shoulder to make sure Astrid was getting down alright. when we made it to the bottom I set down the basket and Astrid stood next to me and then crossed her arms. "well? you wanted to tell me something." she is very demanding. "Toothless!" I yelled I heard a grumble then he cautiously walked out of the dark cave. I looked over at Astrid and boy were her eyes huge! "H-hiccup W-why is there an N-night fury here!?" she said in a panicked tone, I reached over and grabbed her ax and threw it over to the side. "Hey! Hiccup that thing could kill us!" she started for her ax I  grabbed her wrist and pulled a bit.
"No Astrid, he won't," I said bravely. she looked at me with utter shock, I let go of her wrist which was a big mistake because she took off. I mounted Toothless and we flew off after her. "there she is bud!" I yelled.he flew down and picked her up she yelled, I kinda felt bad. I pointed to a tree and Toothless put Astrid on one of the branches and landed on the top of the tree."Hiccup! get me down from here!" she yelled, "give me a chance to explain." I said back. she grunted trying to get up. "I'm not listening to Anything you have to say." I gave a little sigh "Fine, I won't speak. Just let me show you." I said to her.
she stopped moving for a second, then lifted herself up on the branch. I offered her my hand, but she pushed it to the side, Toothless growled at her as she started to get on his back. "now get me down" she demanded like I said the girl is demanding. "Toothless, down, Gently." I turned around and looked at Astrid, who looked a little scared about how high we are. "see there's nothing to worry about!" I yelled the last part because Toothless took off not so gently. Astrid was yelling behind me. he headed down to the water and started to 'bounce' off of it "Toothless, what are you doing we need her to like us!" I yelled as we started ascending then I felt him turn "and now the spinning, thank you for nothing you, Useless reptile." i said to him. a few spins later
"Okay, I'm sorry I'm sorry, just make it stop." Astrid pleaded tightening her grip around my torso a bit. soon enough Toothless stopped and just glided along Astrid unburied her face from my back and looked up she loosened her grip around me and looked around. "wow" she said I looked back at her and grinned. we flew into the clouds and then above them the northern lights appeared then too. we passed the clouds and then Berk appeared and Astrid let out a small gasp. "Okay, I have to admit this is pretty amazing, He's amazing," she said patting Toothless at the end. I grinned then placed my hand on his head "Alright bud take us back to the cove." he snorted and turned and flew off toward the cove.
once we landed Astrid hopped off first, then me. "Hiccup, you have to tell the others about the dragons being trainable!" Astrid said excitedly. i looked down to the ground and frowned "I can't." I looked up at her through my hair and  she looked at me confused, I have to admit her confused face is kinda cute. yes i have a huge crush on Astrid thank you for pointing that out. "why can't you? You changed my view of dragons." she has a good point.
"You have a good point Astrid, but we, are 15, and they're grown Viking men and women who have only known killing dragons, 'Kill or be Killed,' that's all they've ever know. it won't be easy changing their mind. that's why I'm not because no one will listen to someone like me." I explained to her. she crossed her arms "so then what are you going to do?" I looked at her for a second then stepped a bit closer and grabbed the paper I gave her earlier out of the waistband of her skirt. I held it up.
"I'm..."

Hey guys, so this is the first fanfic I've ever written and I really hope you enjoy it, and I do love small cliff hangers! But on another note has anyone else seen the new season of Race to the Edge?! It was amazing!