Chapter 26

I wake up to talking. I open my eyes and see Mar and Uri. I sit up a little bit and say: "Morning." "Morning" they respond and i put my feet on the ground. "How much time do i have?" "An hour. It's pretty early." Uri answers and i nod. "Good. Then i'm going to take a shower." With that i stand up and walk to the bathroom. On my way there i meet peter and he glares at me. "You have a problem?" I ask him. "Yes actually i have. You're going to pay for what you did." I raise my eyebrows and laugh. Then i just walk away.
After my shower i go back and get dressed. In the cafeteria i get myself cornflakes and sit with my friends. "Hey Trissy." Zeke greats. "Hey friends." I say and then quickly kiss Tobias. Zeke rolls his eyes. "Idiot. Ah yes a propos idiot. You know what peter did today? He threthend me. It was hilarious. He said: you're going to pay for what you did. And i just laughed." At the end of the story i'm laughing along with the rest of us. "Such a loser. He's just angry because you beat him." Lynn laughs. "Yeah probably." I say. After a few minutes
Toby says: "ok initiates and zeke we have to go. That means bye Shauna." We laugh "yes true." Shauna says with no emotion and zeke kisses her cheak. "Bye baby." She says and he says: "bye love you." Then we leave. Tobias leads us to the trainingsroom and we meet the other initiates. Then we walk up to the fear landscaperoom. On the way up i see will shaking slightly. I never had a problem with heights so i link my arm with his and pretend like he would help me. He smiles and i smile back. Then tobias turns around and his eyes fall on wills and my linked arms. He has a look of jealousy? in his eyes and he keeps walking but backwards. Wow he must have walked up here a lot of times... i must have stopped walking because he suddenly snaps: "hey tris, hurry up!" "Wow it's fine. I'm sorry." To make him angry i link arms with will again and don't look at him. Then we step out and the blinding sunlight greets us. We all stand on the glasroof which now is our floor and wait for zeke and tobias to start talking. "Ok everyone. Today you're going to go through a fearlanscape. But it will be zekes not mine." I already expected that. "I have 10 fears that's is average. Most of you will have between 8 and 15 fears. The lowest ammount of fears we know are four." Zeke says smiling at tobias while he just seems to find his shoes extremly interesting. "Ok, we will go in order of the rankings. That means Uriah first fear. Edward second, tris third..." and he goes on but i don't listen anymore. After he finally told us which number is ours we stand in line and Uri goes first.
He has the fear of beeing alone in the world and he gets through it very quickly. Then it's edwards turn and he has the fear of being killed by bees. Zeke hates bees! He also makes it pretty fast and then it's my turn. My fear is to be helpless. Zeke injects me with the needle and i step into the room. When i open my eyes i'm tied to a big tree. All around me are flames and i can already feel the heat. I try to calm myself while slowing my breathing and then i see a leave being a strange colour and it hits me: this isn't real! After this tought it's easy to let the ropes fall down and just step through the flames. Then i'm suddenly back at the fearlandscape-room. "Wow tris. That was really fast!" Zeke says. "Really?" He nods. I look over at Tobias and he has a look of pain in his eyes.
Tobias POV:
Why does she has to be divergent? Why exactly her? Any other person... i will have to tell her what it means and protect her.
The rest of the initiates do ok.
Directly after Al has finished i walk over to Tris. "Hey Tris can i talk to you?" "Yeah sure. What is it?" "Not here. Come to my apartment in 20 minutes." "Alright, did i do something wrong?", She asks unsure "What? No, no, no. Just have to talk to you." I answer quickly. "Ok." She says but i can hear that she in not convinced. Does she think i will break up with her? No, she wouldn't think like that.
Tris POV:
OMG why does he wants to talk to me? Does he want to break up? I hope he doesn't. I love him! Oh god what will i do if he breaks up?
20 minutes later:
I slowly lift my hand and knock one time. The door immediatly opens and Tobias stands in the door. When i see him i just think he can't leave me. I love him so much! He steps aside and motions me to come in. I stiffly walk inside and as soon as the door is closed i start babbling: "Tobias, if this is about this morning with Will on the stairs i can guarantee you that i just helped him because he wasn't feeling good so high up. And i just wanted to tease you a little bit and please it was just a joke. I lov..." he cuts me off by kissing me. I relax and kiss back. "Tris, listen to me and listen very carefully. I love you and i need you and i won't leave you." He says while looking me straight in the eyes. I sigh. "Ok. I love you too." "Ok now to the point!" He pulls me in a corner of the room and whispers: "you're divergent!" "What?" I shout and he says: "don't play dump. You manipulated the simulation." "But everyone can do that in the fearlandscape." "But nearly only divergents can do it the first time they go into the fearlandscape. (I just made up this rule )" i hestitate. I know i can trust him but still...
Tobias POV:
"Tris, you can trust me! I'm divergent." I say and she gasps. "Really?" I nod. "Alright i'm too." She confesses. I sigh "i still hoped you wouldn't be."