Plastic Doll

Jordan's POV

She was sitting out on the school roof kicking her legs up and down maintaining a steady momentum.

She looked so at peace yet I knew she was troubled.

I wanted to confront her on her recent mood swings. I have never seen her like this before.

So melancholy.

It's like she isn't on earth anymore. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen her on the ground these days. She's always somewhere up high. Like right now.

"Cora!" I yelled out to her. She looked like she would fall off the edge any minute yet she seemed totally unfazed.

"Cora!" I tried again. But she didn't even blink. It made me wonder if I had even called out to her. Could she even hear me?

"Leave her alone Jordan. She's a gone case." Mitsy says from beside me. She looks between me and Cora and gave me a discouraged look and then shakes her head as if to get a memory out. 

I look back up at Cora and find her standing up and walking across the tip of the roof. She doesn't look the least bit scared!, she's probably walking 15 feet off the ground and the scariest part is that... I don't think she knows what she's doing.

Cora was- is my best friend and she wasn't like this before. In fact it all happened so fast. One day she comes back from a doctors appointment looking so confused. Then she refuses to talk to me for an entire month and now it's like she completely forgot me. She won't even look at me. And I bet she doesn't even notice that it actually hurts me.

Everytime that she ignores me I feel as if a layer of my heart is being ripped off. We were best friends and now I'm the only one in this friendship and I'm hanging by a thread.

I turn away from Cora and begin my walk back home. Alone.

It's like everything changed after that one doctor's appointment. What could have gone wrong? It was just last month but it changed Cora entirely. She isn't very... fun anymore. Albeit she isn't really anything anymore.

She was the crazy one in our friendship. She was spontaneous and quick to think on her feet but when I look at her now. I honestly don't know what's going on in that head of her's.

I'm walking down the gravel flooring of our school's courtyard and silently wishing I hadn't pushed away all my friends. I regret it. I never thought that I'd lose Cora this way. Heck, I never thought I'd ever lose her. Now that my best friend is, well.... gone I feel completely lonely.

The last thing Cora ever said to me was, "Do you think I can't- Do you think I'm different from everyone else?" And that was a whole month ago. I don't think she even talks in class. I heard some kid say, "she isn't mentally present. Like her soul isn't inside of her, its just her body roaming around."
And I hate to say this as her bestfriend but I couldn't agree more.

Who would have thought that a doctor's appointment could cost a friendship?

Well I definitely didn't.
_________________________

(A/N)

Yup another Coming sooner or later book 🙌 that I've had in my drafts for ages! Hope you like it enough to vote⭐ and comment on it.
________________________