Chapter 15 - Gold Sun, Blue Grass

Doctor 1st Person POV: On Amorai 

Eyes!

Mother on Gallifrey, have you ever had eyes just be there when you open your own!

Because, let me tell you, it is a highly uncomfortable and frightening situation. 

Especially when the eyes are bright purple and have diamond pupils. 

I can tell you that Rose's eyes did not look like that.

I sat up quickly, and the creature flew backwards away from me. My eyes were wide, and I was breathing heavily. I looked over to Rose, who had also sat up, but slowly. The creature on top of her chest was still nearly nose-to-nose with her, and it's eyes were curious. Rose looked right back at it in a fixated sort of amazement, and I could tell that she was almost cross-eyed.

"Doctor? What are they?" She asked me quietly. The little creature blinked and sniffed the air around her face. It had a pastel blue and turquoise mottled colouring, and electric blue eyes. About the size of a child, its white hair was almost to its feet, and it had on a crimson tunic-dress that clashed both terribly and wonderfully with its skin and hair. Its feet were bare, and it looked like it could be a female.

I didn't reply, but instead, I looked over to the little creature who was sitting on me. It was a pastel striped green colour, and its eyes were purple. It wore a bright orange tunic, and I assumed that this was a male because its white hair was cropped short.

He was sitting in the grass at my face, with a fascinated look on his own. He was staring at the girl creature, who was... still on Rose.

"Hey!" I spoke loudly, making Rose and both of the creatures jump. "Um. I'm the Doctor, hello. And, who are you? Natives?"

"We are the only ones left sir." The female jumped off of Rose and stood by the male. She spoke with a squeaky voice, sounding both young and very old. She had a bit of an accent, so I assumed that she was native to the planet. "Everyone else has left, and we were asked to be the guardians of this place. We heard your dark-travel ship, and we ran to it."

"Excuse me, sorry, my dark-travel ship? What's that." 

"Your box." She said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "It travels through the dark of the sky does it not, sir?" She pointed up to the sky, where a few stars were visible inside a warm cloak of black velvet space.

"Oh, right. That is my space-ship, that's right." Rose looked over at me, and the male creature spoke this time. 

"Who are you, dark-travelers? Why have you come to this planet? Are you in need of fuel for your box, sir? Do you wish to rest with us tonight? We are inclined to serve, sir." His voice was similar to the female's, but a bit deeper. 

"Um, I don't know." I turned my head to Rose, who shrugged in a 'why not' matter. "Um, I guess we could stay for a short while, yeah. And you say you're the only ones?"

"That is correct sir." The male said and the female creature hit him on the back.

"That is a lie, sir. We have seventeen children at our hovel." She said and glared at the male, who I now recognized as her mate, and gave him the typical 'womanly evil' stare that I sometimes got from Rose.

"Seventeen children?!" Rose spoke for the first time, and the female creature looked taken aback. 

"Yes Miss. We have seventeen children, and we are growing six more in the garden." She smiled like this was a completely normal thing to grow children in one's garden, and Rose's eyes widened. "What is your name, Miss?"