/no strings attached/

a/n i didn't proof read bc I was in a rush so just bear with me if there are any mistakes!!
//
Camila ran a hand through her hair, pausing to scan her environment. She barely knew the way home in the day time, let alone when it was dark and she was wasted.
But she didn't care, all she knew was that she had to get out of there. She had kissed Lauren. The one person she was meant to protect.

She hated Lauren. She hated the way she made her feel and how she could break down her walls so easily.
She sighed to herself, kicking the loose gravel beneath her feet. How could she be so stupid.

Deciding she didn't want to be anywhere near that situation anymore, Camila started walking, not really decided on a destination yet; she just knew she had to be as far away from Lauren as possible right now.

//
Lauren looked around frantically, searching for the only person she knew could help her right now. Dinah.

She didn't know the girl that well but what she did know is she was alone in a house full of complete strangers.
Dinah wasn't on the dance floor which meant she was probably getting another drink.

Lauren maneuvered her way through the mass of people, being shoved side to side constantly. She could see Dinah somewhere off in the distance now, talking to a group of girls.

The younger girl noticed Lauren and smiled brightly, beckoning her over but stopping when she saw the distraught look on Lauren's face. She jogged up to her, putting one arm around her and leading her protectively through another mass of people and out the back.

Once they were away from the mass of people, Dinah turned away from Lauren, pacing back and forth in front of her. Lauren was confused, had she done something wrong?

"what did she do?" Dinah spoke firmly, and Lauren jumped slightly, flinching at the tone of her words.

"wait no I'm sorry, I'm mad at her not you" Dinah said more softly this time, pulling Lauren into a hug.

Lauren broke down when the taller girl put her arms around her. She hated crying in front of people, but she couldn't hold it in any longer.
Dinah just held her tighter, rubbing small circles on her back while she calmed down. It felt like forever had passed before Lauren stopped crying.

"she hates me" she mumbled without moving her head from where it was resting on Dinah's chest.

Dinah chuckled slightly, lifting Lauren's chin so that the two were face to face.

"Seriously Lauren? the last thing she feels for you is hate." Dinah paused, smiling softly at the green eyed girl.

"Camila's been through a lot. I'm not making excuses for her because I know she can be an asshole, especially to you....She'll kill me if she finds out I told you this so this stays between me and you okay?" Lauren nodded softly, waiting for her to continue

"She was with someone before. Ariana. Her parents are pretty not okay with her dating girls. They found out about Ari and stopped the two from seeing each other. Camila tried to reach out to this girl for months and months but Ariana acted like they never had anything, like she didn't even know the girl, so you can imagine why she's pretty scared to let anyone in"

Lauren stared at Dinah, trying to take in everything she had just been told.
She should have known. All this time she thought it was just because Camila didn't like her that she was pushing her away.