/new beginnings/

Two weeks have passed since the incident between Lauren and Camila. Although Camila had told Dinah she planned on giving the other girl a chance, she hadn't really made much of an effort. 

Lauren seemed to be avoiding her like she had the plague, so Camila just assumed that she had finally gotten tired of Camila's mood swings. She wasn't really surprised, she knew Lauren was too good for her in the first place. 

She acted like she was okay, but she was falling apart without Lauren. She missed everything about the older girl. Her smile, her mesmerizing green eyes, the way she would hold her hand like she was the most important thing in the world, but most of all the way she looked at her like she was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. 

Camila hadn't realized how happy Lauren made her until she was gone. And now it was too late to tell her. So instead she fell into her old patterns of drinking and partying and staying out late. 

Her grades were falling again when she had worked so hard to get them back up and she was pretty sure she would be considered an alcoholic by any normal person. 

The best part about it was that no one even seemed to notice or care. She had gotten pretty good at sneaking out and coming back at 3am. 

She had told Dinah that she was just having fun and the younger girl seemed to buy the excuse, making a deal with Camila that she could go to the parties as long as she went with her. 

Right now, Camila felt like her life didn't even really have a meaning any more. Even Lauren had stopped caring about her. She was so used to pushing people away that she did it to the person that she needed more than anything else in the world. 

//

For the past two weeks, Lauren decided to focus on her recovery and give Camila the space she needed to figure things out. 

Things were going well, her speech was pretty much back to normal apart from the occasional stutter and she could do most things by herself. She still got tired pretty quickly so school wasn't really an option just yet, so she spent her days in her room trying (and mostly failing) to teach herself to read. 

Camila wasn't okay. Lauren knew that much. 

No one else seemed to notice, but Lauren did. She would hear her sneaking back into her room at 3am and knocking various things over every single time. Lauren knew she was probably drunk. 

She wanted to help. She wanted to be there for Camila. But Camila didn't want her. 

Every attempt she had made at helping the younger girl had resulted in being yelled at or pushed away. It had gotten to the point now where Lauren had realized that Camila would probably never give Lauren a chance to prove how much she meant to her. 

Lauren didn't really know what love was or what she meant. But she did know how Camila made her feel. 

No matter how much the younger girl hated her, it didn't stop the butterflies erupting inside her when she would walk downstairs in the morning in her oversized hoodie and her hair up in a messy bun. Lauren still thought she looked like the most beautiful person in the world. 

It definitely didn't stop Lauren from crying herself to sleep every single time she would see Camila cry or hurt. No amount of time could ever take away the way Lauren felt for Camila. 

//

It was a Friday night, which meant one thing for Camila, the biggest party of the week. 

She glanced over to her bedside table to check the time. 7:35am. She still had around an hour before she left for school so she decided to head downstairs for some breakfast before taking a shower. Opening her bedroom door, Camila could hear music softly playing from the other side of Lauren's door, as it usually was at this time.