/drunken words, sober truths/

"Camila." 

Dinah nudged the girl beside her, snapping her out of her thoughts. The two were sat in the school canteen, Camila absent-mindedly picking at her salad while Dinah rambled on about some boy who had called her cute earlier that day. 

"Lauren troubles?" Dinah said, smirking

"Shut up" The younger girl groaned, turning away from her best friend once more. 

Dinah was right. Lauren was the reason Camila was distant today. Lauren was all she could think about. The fact that she was actually going to a party tonight with her, she would really be spending time with her, both terrified and excited her. 

"C'mon Mila, y'know you can talk to me about it."

The younger girl sighed, turning to face her friend. 

"I'm taking her to a party" 

Dinah's eyes widened and she struggled to keep her water in her mouth. 

"What the fuck?" She exclaimed, turning to face Camila fully. 

She furrowed her eyebrows, confused as to why Dinah had had that reaction. Was it really that surprising that Camila was taking her out? 

Sensing Camila wasn't catching her drift, Dinah continued. 

"Please don't tell me it's Tyler's party" 

"Umm...yeah?"

"Jesus Christ Camila! Are you insane? Have you actually forgotten that Lauren literally has brain damage? She's not allowed to drink. She probably shouldn't even be going to a place with that many people and such loud music. You know how crazy Tyler's parties get."

Camila didn't know what to say. She hadn't even considered the fact that it might not be a good idea to take Lauren to the party. She was so consumed in the idea of getting to spend time with Lauren that she would've done anything to make it happen. 

But now she was regretting her decision. Lauren had probably only said yes because she didn't want Camila to feel bad; that's just the kind of person she is. 

"Shit." She said simply, only now realizing how stupid she had been.

"Yeah...so you're not going?"

Camila went to protest but stopped when Dinah shot her a stern look. 

"If you wanna spend time with her why don't you just take her out somewhere? Or y'know...you could actually try talking to her I mean you guys do live together I'm surprised you've not gotten freaky with her already"

"Dinah!" Camila exclaimed, swatting her friend playfully on the arm. 

"It's not that easy, every time I let her get close I freak out and mess everything up and then we're back to stage one again."

Dinah paused, seemingly deep in thought. 

"Fine. Go to the party. But I'm coming with you. I'll drive you there and I'll drive you home so I won't be drinking. You can have your little playtime with Lauren but I swear to god if you mess this up, that's it."

Camila smiled at her friend. She loved the caring side of her. Dinah seemed tough on the outside but inside she was really just a teddy bear, and she had this gentle side to her that not many people got to see.

"Why are you looking at me like that freak?" Dinah said. And just like that she was back to her normal ways. That was the Dinah Camila knew. 

"You're so protective of her and you don't even know her."