"Pip," Barry decided to speak up after a few moments of silence.
She drew away from him a little so she could lock eyes with him.

"I know this isn't the time or place," He rubbed the back of his head with a nervous look on his face.
"Well, actually, it may be a good time just not a great place. I mean a forensics lab isn't exactly the most romantic place in the world, certainly not romantic enough for what I'm going to-" Pippin interrupted him with a simple clear of the throat.

"Barry, just go ahead." She tapped his shoulder in a reassuring way that seemed to ease his nerves.

"Let's go on a date." Despite all the information she'd had to swallow down the whole night, this particular piece of news seemed like a punch in the stomach.

"What?" Barry chuckled nervously at her soft response.

"Go out with me, Pippin Hart."
The statement rendered her speechless, her jaw going slack as she stared at him in surprise.

"Barry-"
Before she could actually do or say anything, his lips were already on hers.
Pippin felt her breath hitch, her whole body going rigid.

The simple touch seemed to wipe all thoughts of her saving Barry from all the pain she would cause left her mind.
The only thing that ran through her mind was the fact he was kissing her and this was happening.

She found herself slowly running her fingers up his torso to circle his neck, starting to move her lips against his.
Barry sighed against her lips as she did, holding her close while his fingers would run down her spine.

Sparks flew up and down her entire body, her mind completely blank of any and all thoughts except for Barry.

Sweet, understanding Barry.
Teasing, caring Barry.
Soft-lipped, kissing Barry.

The atmosphere of everything seemed to change when that little sound ripped out of her throat.

Barry echoed it, his hands slipping just under Pippin's shirt to anchor her in place.
All the sweet aspect of the first simple touch of lips evaporated, leaving something that created a heat between both their bodies.

Lips began moving faster and faster, breaths coming in shorter and shorter.
Barry had somehow pushed her against the armrest of the couch, his body hovering over hers.

She could feel his warm, rough fingers running up and down the curve of her waist as she dragged her palms from his shoulders down to the firm muscles of his chest down to those abs of his that she itched to see.
The only sound seemed to be the pounding in her ears.
That's when she felt Barry start to shake.
Not in an angry or excited way but in a vibrating way.

Her eyes immediately snapped open to see a blurry image of him propped up on top of her.
She broke off in surprise, Barry opening his eyes in return.

Gold energy seemed to zap in his irises before he blinked and they were back to a green.
A very, dark green.
For a few moments neither could really speak because they were extremely out of breath.
Pippin kept running her hands over his shoulders, closing her eyes briefly.
There was a need to capture this moment in her memories and keep it locked away there forever.

"Round two?"
She felt Barry's thumb drag slowly across her bottom lip, a chill running down her spine.
In one rather graceful movement, he had her up and against him, forehead against forehead.
His breath fell almost torturously against her lips and she could see he was waiting for an answer.

All she could really think about where the hands firmly placed on her waist and how very close he was but she somehow managed to dig through her jumbled thoughts.