One

Crona's eyes shot open. Sweat beaded down his forehead, as he backed up against the cold rock wall his bed rested beside. He looked around his dark, cold room in the underground of the DWMA. He felt a pinch in the small of his back, causing him to grit his teeth and shut his eyes tightly. His skin separated so Ragnorack could climb out of his back and rest himself on top of Crona's head.

"What's up?! Why are you awake?!" Ragnorack yelled, banging his fists against Crona's skull. "Ouch! Stop it, Ragnorack! That hurts!" Crona's whined in attempt to stop his weapon from abusing his fragile skull. "Just go back to sleep, Ragnorack. I keep hearing loud noises and I don't know how to deal with it."

Ragnorack hit Crona once more, before disappearing into his body. Crona exhaled slowly and tried to lay down but a crashing sound, louder than any other he had heard that night erupted from the hallway outside his door. He buried his face in his pillow and closed his scared eyes.

"I don't know how to deal with that sound!" He cried into his pillow. "Well, how about you shut up so I can sleep and get rid of whatever's making the noise!" Ragnorack bellowed from inside Crona. "Y-You're saying I should I should leave my room? What if I don't know how to deal with whatever is making the noise?" He stammered. "Just stay quiet you moron!" The weapon snapped.

Crona clenched his pillow tightly against his chest. He trembled as he inched closer to the door of his bedroom. He slowly twisted the knob with shaking hands and pulled the door open, stepping outside. "W-Who's there?" Crona raised his voice slightly, but you could still hear his fear.

Crona turned his long, lanky, body in the other direction to see two feet in black shoes sticking out from underneath a pile of books.

One of the feet twitched and a groan escaped from the pile. Two hands pushed themselves out from under the mess, revealing a body clothed by a suit with a familiar looking skull broach in the middle.

"Kid?" Crona raised a thin, pink, shaking, eyebrow.

The Grimm Reaper poked his head out from the books, looking up at the thin, startled boy before him. Crona places his pillow gently on the floor and extended his own shaking hand for Kid.

Kid accepted Crona's hand and pulled himself up, causing Crona to fall forward slightly from his weight. Crona's stomach lurched when their hands touched, and his cheeks began to heat up without his consent.

"Sorry if I woke you, I was trying to find somewhere to do some research without any distractions and I guess I had too many books in my hands." Kid explained with a charming smile. Crona let a small smiled fall on his face and knelt down. "I can help you pick up your b-books."

"Thank you, Crona." Kid and Crona began placing the books into two symmetrical stacks. "I can help you c-carry them, too." Crona offered. "Oh, no! I've already woken you up so late at night I couldn't ask any more of you. Good night, Crona." Kid smiled and carried his books in symmetrical piles down the hall, his back disappearing into the darkness.

Crona smiled warmly and went to lay down again. He liked the feeling Kid gave him. He wanted to see Kid again.