Chapter Three

The moon shone brightly as it rose into the sky, its rays cascading through the windows of Demetri's room, and dancing over the still sleeping Klaire. Demetri stared at her sleeping form for a few moments before leaving his bedroom to go summon the Lords, Calven, Judd, Axrael, Ryker, and Kain, for a meeting.

When Klaire awoke, she was alone in Demetri's bedroom, she gently slid out of the bed and walked over to the bedroom door, her long black night gown untangled from its twists as she walked. Once she was sure the coast was clear she opened the door and ventured out through the Palace, as she walked by a large door she heard familiar voices, one of which belonging to Demetri, she cautiously leaned her head against the door to listen.

"So what is it you are doing with this girl? She is the Chosen one, she needs to be destroyed." Lord Calven spat, the other Lords nodded in agreement. Demetri waved them silent, sensing Klaire outside the room, he sighed and stood.

"My intentsions should be clear at this point, for now I want all of you to make sure no one knows she is here. Another meeting will take place soon." At the end he motioned to the door, all the Lords became aware of Klaire's prescence and nodded. 

"Let this meeting be dismissed." Demetri announced loud and clear for everyone, including Klaire to hear, but he raised a hand to hault the Lord's from leaving, and once he heard her retreating steps he spoke again. "My intentions will become clear in our next meeting, but our next meeting will take place ar Lord Azrael's Palace, understood?" The Lords nodded in agreement and Azrael smirked.

"I must clean up the dead bodies then." Azrael joked with an evil laugh, which the rest mimicked. 

Klaire sat in Demetri's bed quietly, thinking about the meeting and what it meant for her, as she went deep into thought, the door opened, revealing Demetri, he wore all black as usual, from his tailored pants to his long trench coat. She looked up at him, meeting his furious red gaze. She filled with fear once she realized that he knew she was outside the door, she slid out of the bed and ran for the door.

Klaire hadn't even made it three steps before Demetri grabbed her by the throat and slammed her into a wall, when she grasped his hands with hers and attempted to pull them away he merely laughed and tightened his grip, causing her to choke out a cry of pain and stop pulling. She closed her eyes as tears fell from them heavily, at the sight of her tears Demetri released her neck, causing her to fall to the floor wheezing.

She remained on her knees long after he dropped her, staring at the floor, pain fear and shock coursing through her every vein, Demetri roared in anger, punching his fist through the wall above her head before storming out of the room, leaving her alone and afraid. 

Several hours later, Demetri returned to his room to find Klaire asleep on the floor, sitting up in fact, in the same position he left her in before. With an angered sigh, he lifted the sleeping Klaire into his arms and put her onto his bed, laying beside her, he soon fell asleep as well. 

When Demetri awoke, he lay alone, sitting up straight he looked around but the room was empty. He sprang out of the bed, wipping open the bathroom door with so much force he held the door in his hand, two metres away from its frame. Empty. He roared with anger, throwing the door across the room, smashing into the window, shattering it. Only then did he catch her sent on the wind, outside of the Palace, with a vicious growl he dived out the window.

Klaire ran as fast as she could, she was surprised Demetri didn't awake when she got up and changed into the clothes she arrived there with, her long black trench coat hipped as she tore through the nioght, as she ran she heard glass shattering, stopping breifly she glanced baack to see a black sillohuette diving out of Demetri's bedroom window. "He woke up." She turned and ran faster than she ever had, Only to see three large wolves headed straight for her, she had no time to skid to a stop before they were attacking her.