Prologue

My first story I actually let people read, I hope you guys like it. 

The thunder roared loudly in the sky, but the sound couldn't mask the screams of the unfortunate, those caught outside after dark by the vampires who scoured the streets for humans stupid enough to go out after dusk.

Klaire woke to the screams in a panic, she slid carefully out of the bed to look out the window of the basement bedroom she always slept in, even though it was forbidden by the vampire lords for any vampire, other than the Lords, to enter a humans home without permission, she preferred to sleep in the basement so that the house looked deserted. 

She gently pulled aside the black curtain she had placed over the window, as she looked up and down the street she sighed in relief as no one was out there, just before she released the curtain, a figured appeared in front of the window. Klaire stared in fear as her green eyes met the pure crimson eyes of a vampire, he smiled, his lips pulling back to reveal long fangs.

Klaire's trance in his eyes was broken as the loudly screeching sound of his claws dragging across the glass came to her ears, she gasped and jumped back, letting the curtain fall back into place, she stood there terrified for five more minutes when she decided she needed to relocate at dawn, the vampire would surely aware other vampires of her existence in the house and possibly alerting the Lord of Tarken, about an unknown human living within his city. 

As dawn nears she grabs her backpack of belongings and trashes the house to make it look as if no one resided there recently. Just as the first rays of dawn began to peak out Klaire heard a statical noise behind her, she turned around and watched as a bright light began to glow in the middle of the room, she kept watching as a white figure emerged from the glow, a woman, dressed all in white, holding a large sword that looked beautiful but deadly.

"Klaire Meckro, you are the Chosen one amongst this world! You are destined to save it!" The white woman held out the sword. "Take this sword, and reclaim the world for humans! Set the balance! Fufill your destiny!" Completely shocked, Klaire grasped the handle of the sword, and in a blinding flash, the woman was gone.