Chapter One

Klaire lay quietly on the roof top of a small decaying house, she was clad in all black, from her long trench coat down to her combat boots, just after leaving the abandoned house at dawn, she took refuge in an old cannery which she was soon discovered by two bored vampires who saw the sword and knew who she was, they had chased her through the streets she had quickly ditched them by hiding on the rooftop and watched as they looked around in confusion in the market below. 

"Where did she go?!" The first vampire roared with anger. 

"I don't know, lets just go inform the Lord of the girl, if she is the Chosen one, we might not be able to take her." The second one stated flatly popping the gum he chewed with his right fang.

"Good point, lets go." Both vampires vanished from sight within a second.

Klaire panted softly before standing up and sliding off the roof top, she landed on the ground quietly and looked around before bolting down the alley way as fast as she could blending in with the night as a black blur, she stopped at a small building standing at its side to catch her breath. She knew that if the vampires seen her she'd be in trouble, now that two have and were informing the Lord of the City, who would no doubt inform the other Lords and the King, she had to hide for the night, and leave the city at dawn. 

She went to the back of the building and slowly opened one of the doors, she peeked inside and saw nothing but darkness, she looked up and saw thick rafters, she smiled as an idea popped into her head, she looked around til she saw a ladder leading up to the rafters. After climbing the ladder to the rafters and sat hidden by the thick plank of would leaning her back against one of the beams holding the roof up, so she was set into a sitting position. After several long hours no one had bothered the building, she decided it was safe to sleep and closed her eyes, relinquishing herself to the realm of dreams. 

The loud sound of a rooster crow awoke Klaire in the morning with a fright, she jumped and sighed with relief, she stood carefully and walked to the ladder, swiftly climbing down it she ran to the back door and peeked out, no one was in sight, she smiled and put on her black hat that hung by a rope around her neck and laid on her back, it resembled that of a cowboy's hat. She walked out into the open and maneuvered around to the city square.

Hearing the sounds of chatter and fussing she looked into the square where many of the city's people were gathered around the post board, since everyone wore black most of the time and some carried weapons, she saw no harm in going up to looks, but once someone turned around and saw her, she got a bad feeling, the woman who turned around gasped, her eyes widening to the size of golf balls. 

"It's her!!!!" She shrieked and before she knew it Klaire was surrounded by people, some grabbed her arms.

"The reward is mine!" Some yelled. "No we have to hide her! She will save us!" Others screamed in return. With a yelp she ripped free of the people.

"What are you talking about?!" She yelled, all the people pointed to the board, when she looked she could do no more than stare in shock.

As she walked up to the board, all she could see was the giant sketch of herself staring back with the word 'WANTED' above it. As she stared in shock she read the inscription below her sketch: By decree of the Lords and King, this woman is to be found at all costs, a reward will be given to any person who brings her to a Lord or the King himself. She stood there, in utter shock as people ranted around her, but the rants were broken by the Lord human guard yelling, "Get her!" 

Klaire sped out of the square with surprising speed and stamina, she skidded to a halt as two more guards appeared in front of her, she ducked quickly into a side street and jumped over chickens and ducks to get through, speeding down the street she saw an uncovered man hole and jumped into it without hesitation, as she hit the bottom she heard no splash of water or sludge, to her surprise it was empty, without a concern she sped down the tunnel of the once sewers and kept running, taking a random left a random right every now and then til she was sure the guards couldn't find her, then she collapsed in exhaustion.

The sounds of screams woke Klaire once more, she gasped and began to panic. She had slept the rest of the day away, she jumped to her feet and ventured through the sewer tunnel for several hours. The sound of footsteps stopped her cold in her tracks, they were getting closer and closer, her fear spiked as she looked around for an escape, a small tunnel, barely big enough for her to fit off to the side was her only choice, she squeezed into the crack and looked to the side, watching as two men in all black walked by, she knew what they were as soon as she saw them and her breathing caught in her throat, vampires. 

They passed by as quickly as they came, she looked ahead at the tunnel wall and sighed in releif, she looked back to the side as she began moving and screamed, a blood curdling sound that made the two male vampires staring back at her with blood red eyes smile. She quickly moved down the squished tunnel the other way as the two vampires squished into the same tunnel and followed her. 

"You wont get away this time!" The closest to her yelled.

She gave a cry as she slipped through the end of the tunnel and bolted like lighting down the tunnel, she took random turns at random tunnels to avoid being captured, her legs began to ache, the pain shooting through them like fire, her lungs fared no better, she felt as if she were breathing in and out glass shards. She couldn't hear the vampires still tailing her, their laughs and hisses as they taunted her, it was a game of cat and mouse to them, and she was the mouse, or so they thought, she stopped cold, her eyes narrowed she swung around and withdrew her sword. She knew her destiny was to set the balance, and she would do so, without running like a coward from every vampire, she thought. 

As the two emerged into the tunnel she stood in they stopped, looked at her sword and laughed like hyenas.

"Gonna fight us little girl?" One of them crooned. 

"The poor thing thinks she cans take us on." The other laughed.

With blinding sight they both lunged at her, she lunged back, bringing up they blade to the side with a yell, she closed her eyes and prayed. When she stopped she heard two thuds and opened her eyes slowly, turning to the two vampires who lay on the floor, one missed a vertical section of his body which included his head, the other only missed half his head, but it did not matter, she had slain these vampires, she could fulfill her destiny.

With her back turned to the bodies, she sheathed her weapon and walked down the tunnels, after a few more hours, she saw light ahead, leaking in from another man hole, she smiled in relief. Daylight. She sprinted for the hole, once she got to the ladder she grabbed the bars with strength and hope, she climbed out of the hole, standing, to find herself in a large magnificent room, but her attention was not on the room itself, but the Lord who sat in a throne at the head of the room, wearing tailored black pants and a black T-shirt, he smiled menacingly, his long fangs protruding from mouth. "Hello, Chosen one."

I know its a short chapter but I am really trying, but all the same I hope you guys love it.