Can't Do It

??? P.O.V

The Next Day

I wake up for the next day of high school. Shoot me. I don't get high school. People say that high school would be an experience you would never forget and you could make a huge change. 

LIES! All lies. 

I want to make a change but can't. I don't have the courage. I wish I did. I get dressed in a v-neck that presses against my chest with jeans and jordans.  I put on my football team jacket with the schools mascot on it. The Falcon's. I walk down stairs. "Hey sweet heart" 

"Hey mom" I kiss her cheek and make me some breakfast. "Hurry up remember football practice." She says before walking away. I totally forgot. I hurry up and eat and then drive to school. I park and hurry out. I get to the locker room just in time. It's free period for the football players so that's when we practice. I walk out my helmet in my hand and turn my head to see a few team mates messing with the water boy. 

The basic names, demands and pushing him around a bit. I start to walk up to them but then stop in my tracks and sigh. I turn around and walk away. Quarterback of the team and I can't stand up for others? No matter what I'll still be the most popular and good looking guy in school. "Alright team huddle up!" Coach says. 

"Alright last game before championships is next week and you guys will be busting your asses being the best team their is. Am I right!?" He shouts. 

"YES COACH!" We shout back. "Alright Captain your team." He pats my shoulder. I nod and give them the game plan to practice today. "Alright you got it?" 

"Yeah captain." Goes around and I smile. "Alright what are we!?" 

"Falcons!!" 

"What time is it?!"

"TIME TO RISE UP!" 

"Alright let's go!" We run out to the field and start practice. I turn my head and see the water boy sitting down with his head down sadness written all over his face. I shake it off and put my helmet on.  After practice I head to my next period. Math. All my classes are honors well except for Drama. "Alright class let's start." I zone out which never happens. Out of the corner of my eye I see a girl with a grey hoodie on. 

3 girls behind her start to whisper and laugh pointing. I want to get up and say something but I can't do it I just can't. I turn my head. 

~~ 3 PERIOD ~~

Drama. Alright let's get this over with. I'm a very cool simple guy but Drama really ain't my thing. The teacher is obsessed with Musicals and music. It's drama you'd think it'll be plays like romeo and Juliet but that very rare with her. I put my head phones in and the song Stand up comes on. It's something I should do but don't have the guts. 

"All around the world if we stand up,
then we'll light up,
and we'll rise up Kid it gets better from hereIf we stand up,
then we'll rise up and we'll light up up up
All around the world..."I sing a little.