Chapter 3: Killin' Em

We get back to the house and start unpacking the groceries. "Dang did y'all buy the whole store?" One of Kaleb's friends walks into the kitchen. He heads towards some of the bags we have on the floor. I hate when his guests are walking around the house without him. "Um, do you live here lil boy?" I yell. I'm two seconds away from popping him. "Damn, Ma. Chill." he smirks at me. YUCK! This is the same SIXTEEN year old boy that keeps flirting with me ever since they became friends. "Chile, please." I mush his face. "Get out of this kitchen." I point to the basement where he came from. "Can't you see she don't want you? Get with somebody your own age." Mercedes said. "What? Somebody like you? Aha." He laughs and goes back into the basement. Well dang. Mercedes just stands there with her jaw dang near touching the floor. I ignore her and continue with the groceries. I begin putting the six boxes of cereal into the pantry when I get a phone call from Kayla. "Yea girl?" I answer. "Girl, have you checked your Instagram?" she asks. "No, why?" "Jacquees added a picture of you at the store." "Excuse me? He did what now?" How and why did he do that? "Go check!" I rush to check Instagram and sure enough, there was a picture of the back of me in the ice cream isle. That is kind of creepy. His caption read: "My cute ahh fan I met twice today. I took this picture from behind her. Sheen even know it. (Rocko Voice)." "WOW!" I yell out. "He really likes you." Kayla says. "He has to cause that's kinda crazy." My hand is still covering my mouth. However, my butt does look good in the picture. He must've gotten somewhat close to me and zoomed in. In the picture I'm reaching on the top shelf and cheesing hella hard at the ice cream. I comment under the picture. "Really? You make me look fat! lol" "I can already see that you'll text him tomorrow." Kayla laughs. "Shut up, I am not." I want to but I really don't wanna seem thirsty. God knows what his fans would think if they even found out I have his number.

We finish talking as the twins and I finished unpacking the groceries. "Alright bye girl." I say and hang up the phone. "Y'all talk too much." Mercedes grabs a bag of chips and goes upstairs to "their" room. I grab my own bag of chips and head to my room. I jump on my bed and look up at the ceiling. Today has been eventful. It was just wonderful. Nothing could ruin this day. For one, it's almost over. "Knock knock." My mom enters my room. She has a look on her face that I'm not sure I should be happy about. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Well a few of the workers at the club called out for tomorrow night and one is sick. We need some extra help..." she starts. "Oh, no." I definitely do not want to work at the club on a Saturday night. Last time I helped out on a Saturday night, I got cursed at, drowned in thrown drinks and eventually got into a fight with the girl who threw the drink. They get so drunk and messy and I try to help but they don't like it. "Kalia we need your help and you're going to do it." She says pointing her index finger at me. "We're going to pay you so stop complaining." As soon as she says that, I shut up. Although I already get pretty much anything I want, I can't turn down money. "Fine, what time?" "Come at 10. The cheap people show up before 11 to be free." She laughs. I laugh along with her. She leaves my room just as Kyra walks in. "I hate boys." She pouts. She's only 13 so I can't imagine why. "What now?" She jumps on my bed and begins her "crisis". "So this boy Davion said he liked me and wanted me to be his girl friend. So I just said yea cause I liked him too. Literally 20 minutes later when class was over, I wanted to talk to him so instead of going my usual way to my next class, I walked his way. I turn the corner and he's all over this 6th grader." Well that was a turn of events. "Wow he works fast." I butt in. "Yea so I just took a picture and went to my next class. We have our last class together so he comes in and sits next to me. He's all 'Wanna go skating this weekend?' And I'm like why don't you take your baby girl friend skating? He tried looking confused so I showed him the picture I took. He was standing there looking stupid so I said out loud 'Davion is dating a 10 year old.' I didn't know if she was really 10 but she was so small." I could see her blood pressure rising and she's so young. "Calm down, Ky. You know you don't need that trifling child." Pedophile." She yells out. "He's not really a pedophile though." I laugh. Davion is only 14 but 10 does seem kinda far. "Enough about me though. How's your love life?" She asks. " I don't have one. Well I mean I like someone but he's out of my league." "Haha, who?" I don't know why I'm talking to my little sister about boys. "Ahh forget it. It's nothing." "Kyra!" My mom calls saving me from this conversation.