Chapter 11

Jethro had left when Tony awoke the next morning. He could hear Rebecca downstairs, probably making coffee as he headed to the shower.

He hadn't seen his dad, Senior, in over six months. He liked it that way, but he knew that Gibbs had offered this visitation as a condition of his adoption. He styled his hair and got his suit out of the wardrobe. The one thing he had learned was that his father always wanted him to look good.

"Clothes maketh the man." His father would say, "A scruffy DiNozzo is an affront to all who raised you."

The one thing he didn't want was his father thinking that Gibbs was raising him wrong.

He came downstairs and stopped as he heard voices in the kitchen.

"Good Morning!" Rebecca said brightly.

Tony looked at his father and the other man sitting at the table.

"Morning. Good Morning Father." he said formally looking at the other man inquiringly.

"I'm Eugene, I'm a friend of Rebecca's you must be Tony DiNozzo, I have heard a lot about you young man."

"Pleased to meet you, sir." Tony said.

Eugene smiled, "I heard you were a helpful well behaved young man. I hope you enjoy your visit with your father today."

"I'm sure I will thank you." Tony replied. He felt a bit safer with two of them there, maybe this visit wouldn't be so bad after all.

"May I have breakfast first Father, I haven't eaten yet?" Tony asked.

Senior smiled, "I have been talking and Rebecca has graciously allowed me to take you all to breakfast."

Rebecca smiled and grabbed her coat. "Come on, Tony. It'll be fun."

His gut churned a bit, but with the two other adults there, he supposed there wouldn't be a problem. He walked over to the door and grabbed his shoes and coat.

"Ok," Tony smiled, maybe this visit was going to be better than the last.

An hour later they were sitting in the restaurant at the Adams house. Tony had a plate of pancakes and the others were enjoying their breakfast as well, the adults talking quietly with each other. Tony dug into his breakfast, these pancakes were better than his dad's.

As soon as he had finished, he put his fork down. "May I be excused? I need to use the bathroom."

The adults nodded as Tony got up and headed to the bathroom.

As soon as he left Rebecca turned to Anthony.

"The deal stands, right?" She asked.

Senior handed her a passkey for a hotel room. "You and Eugene have an all expenses paid weekend in the Presidential Suite, including spa, massages and food. You said Jethro would be back on Monday yes?"

Rebecca nodded, "He is supposed to be away all weekend. Here's Tony's passport and his bag is in my car."

"Good, I will take him with me. I will wire your money as soon as I can to your account. What will you tell Gibbs?"

Rebecca smiled, "Tony's been playing up, he's a teenager, due to start boarding school. I will tell him your visit went smoothly and that he ran away."

Rebecca got up, taking the passes out of Seniors hands. "My extra money?" she asked.

Senior handed her an envelope. "Five thousand dollars to start with."

She nodded and took it.

"Good luck, I hope you manage to talk some sense into the boy." Rebecca was glad to be rid of him. An all expenses paid weekend with Eugene was what she needed to take her mind off of Jethro's aloofness and the brat's behavior.