Chapter ❶ - Veterinarian (rewritten)

Author's Note: This had been my first official xReader, but I personally perceived the original plot, concept, and written chapters as too immature and very improvable.

Recommendation: Christmas Inheritance (movie) – It is adorable.

You do not need a key. There will be '(name), (colour)' and the like.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

8th December, 18:57

She paced up and down the pavement. She had listened to 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' on repeat in the interest of her own sanity. She had a rendezvous with her good friend, Sam, but she was already over fifteen minutes late. She called and messaged already, but there had not been any response yet. It was atypical for her and (name) was worried.

What if there are psychopaths, murderers, or any others of the like around- only waiting for an adorable victim such as Sam?

She shook her head to forget the hysterical thoughts before she would pull out her own hair out of worry. She considered marching up to Sam's front door and took the first few turns in the direction of her friend's house, until her phone beeped. "How convenient." She thought aloud.

"Hey Tinmouse! Sorry for not responding earlier. Atty got into a fight with the neighbour's dog, and now we need to take care of him. Salutations, Sam." The message stood there in dark violet letters and (name) had to snicker at the nickname and Sam's very own style of wording. She sighed and put her phone back into her pocket. She clicked her tongue in slight annoyance, before turning towards the road to the Maroon Residence, aka home.

She followed the paved trail, until she heard a whimper from nearby, and stopped. She was no idiot and could tell it was a dog's whimper. She bided until the dog once more let his uneasiness be known. She went towards the spot from which the sound came, careful at that, because none may ever know about the dangers. It might have rabies or be aggressive. Who knows?

She used the flashlight function of her phone and looked around the area, until she saw the silhouette of a dog a few meters away. She shone her light at the dog to see if there was anything that would stop her from nearing it. There was no sign of rabies, or anything else for that matter. She sat down next to the mutt. It tried to shimmy away at first, but (name) calmed it and looked for a possible source for the discomfort of the mutt.

It was the mutt's forearm, which was bloodied and heavily injured. She saw no owner or person around and none came after she called out for an owner. She did not contemplate for much longer, before she covered one of her hand with a tissue and then she lifted the mutt. The injured forearm lay on her hand which was covered with a tissue. The mutt was surprisingly lighter than awaited, which (name) kind of was thankful for, yet also concerned about. It could mean that the mutt was underweight.

*

She opened the door and had not walked far, when Patty walked up to her with the question already on her tongue. "Found him in the Warren Park. I believe he is in need of some treatment." She explained as Patty took the mutt, after she patted it for a moment. "Follow me. I will put him down in the second examination room and afterwards get Theodoric. All right?" Patty explained with no real intent to wait for an answer. The mutt stayed awfully silent, except for a handful of slight whimpers.

(All my locations are usually imaginative. Any correlation between the written and real things are pure coincidence.)

She and the mutt were not alone for a long time. Theodoric strode in with his usual pride and shook (name)'s hand. "I haven't seen you in a while. If you have some time, then you should come help again. We would appreciate it." Derek stated, before he moved on to the mutt.