{5} Athena & Zeus

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to see you." We are practically repeating what happened from each others perspective.

"Stay right there, don't move." He disappears into the room behind him. I don't move like he tells me and I wait for him to come down. Visiting him isn't that bad. I expected him to come through the spooky front doors, so I was startled to see him emerge from the back of the house.

"Quick." He whispers, grabbing my wrist. I follow him through his garden and into the back of his house. He pulls me through the house and I barely have time to admire the decor and embrace my surroundings. I can hear people talking in a room near by as I'm encouraged up the stairs. I get quick glances of the family photos along the walls, and I see Ares in many. He pulls me left and through the first door.

He shuts the door behind him and leans against the door. With every breath I take his scent follows, and it's amazing. His room is filled with his fresh ocean smell and it makes me want to stay here forever. His room is big, with black painted walls and a thick blue duvet. The floors are wooden with pairs of underwear and socks covering certain areas.

"I'm sorry about last night." I tell him, I'm not sure how he feels about Landon's behavior.

"That wasn't your fault, baby girl. I'm sorry for getting angry." He pulls me in for a hug and I admire his delicacy.

He holds me tightly, like I'm a possession of his. Like his favourite significant item.

"Do you think people will know now? That we're mates?" I ask him, looking up --- worried that people will treat us differently. If they could only see what I see.

Landon will tell his friends, and they'll tell their friends and so on. I might lose my title. Mated to the enemy.

"Doesn't matter, baby. I got you now, people can talk all they like."

"I could lose my title..." I tell him, and he drops his head on mine. He makes me feel reassured.

He nods in response and holds me for a moment. I feel safe in his arms, he is so comforting and he makes me calm. I love the way he makes me feel, and I think the moon goddess has made a match made in heaven.

"Because I'm rogue?" He asks me, I nod sadly. He's a rogue. He should be off limits.

He pulls me towards his bed and I crash on to his messy sheets. They're soft and when I wrap myself in them, it feels like wrapping myself in Ares' arms. He cuddles me under the blankets and I rest my head on his chest.

"I want to stay with you." God, being in Landon's pack suffocated me. I felt trapped in a pack where I had a birth written right of authority and he made me feel like I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even be with my mate.

"I wish you could, baby."

I rolled my lips in a blush everytime he called me that. When it came to nicknames, I'm always just Rori or Ror. Apart from my dad, who calls me darling. But when Ares said it, I felt special; I felt claimed.

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" He asks, holding me close to him under his blanket.

"D-dinner?" I stutter, thinking about sitting around a table with his family.

It was an odd question from him. Because let's face it, sneaking into his bedroom isn't the best way to introduce myself. His family don't seem to be the nicest people to him, and his sister is not nice to me. It's was horrible idea.

"If your brother is going to tell everyone, I might as well tell my family."

He had a point.

"I'm not so sure...." I've known him for what? A couple of days? And he wants me to meet his family. The thought of it made me feel uncomfortable.