⚾️Chapter Two⚾️

Song at top: Love Me Like You- Little Mix(The song goes with how Zayn feels about Liam in this story).
Zayn's P.O.V.
Louis pulled into the parking lot by the baseball fields. A little bit of cussing went on in the process of trying to find a spot, but thankfully no one got into a fight or was beaten up.
I looked around once I hopped out of the car and saw him with her. I scrunched up my nose and gritted my teeth. Louis must have noticed because he turned me to face him.
"Look at me," He said. "Don't worry about her. We're here to have fun, okay? I know it's hard, but you have to forget she's even near him."
I frowned. "Louis, I don't want to do this. I-I can't watch the game. I'll get a ride, just stay here. I want to leave."
"Zayn, you have to stay. Come on!" Louis begged me. "Watch, I bet that Harry wants for you to stay."
Louis called for Harry who was talking to Niall. Harry ran over to us; his hair flopping up and down.
"Haz, do you think that Zayn should stay for the game? He's being a pain in the arse." Louis told Harry, crossing his arms.
Harry laughed and turned towards me. "I mean, it's a game you don't want to miss, man. Do you not want to stay or something?"
I shrugged and frowned a bit; not knowing what to say or what I wanted.
Harry frowned back, before pulling me in for a hug.
"Are you okay?" He asked once he pulled away.
Louis nudged Harry's bicep softly and nodded his head towards Liam's direction.
"Ah, I see." Harry stated in his deep voice.
"Look, it's really not that important. I can stay if you want me to. Maybe I was just over-exaggerating." I replied.
Harry shook his head.
"You weren't over-exaggerating mate. But, you also shouldn't be jealous of a 'manizer.'"
Louis and I looked at him confused.
"It's a womanizer. Except, Sophia is a girl and is the manizer. Get it?" Harry cracked up, slapping his knee.
Louis raised an eye-brow and mouthed a quick, 'Wow' at me.
"Hey, I can read your lips!" Harry pouted, stomping his cleat on the dirt.
"Yeah and I can mouth words. So what?" Louis sassed, crossing his arms across his chest.
Harry groaned before wrapping his arms around Louis' waist and hugging him tightly. Louis squealed and giggled at Harry's touch.
I looked away from the couple's PDA and met a pair of eyes looking at me. It was Liam, looking right at me. I quickly looked down at the ground; kicking a little bit of dirt slightly.
"Aw, babe! Don't leave me yet!" Louis grumbled, resting his head on Harry's chest while Harry had his arms around him.
"I have to go honey bun. You'll see me afterwards, I promise. For now, just watch the game. I'll be sure to win it for you." Harry explained to Louis, before kissing his forehead and walking to the dug-out.
Louis glowered, watching Harry walk away.
The opposing team's bus finally arrived as Louis and I found our spots on the bleachers. We usually sat in the middle section of the bleachers.
"Louis! Look at the Wolverhampton players! They're all huge!" I half whispered, half yelled next to Louis.
"Calm down," Louis said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We've got this game."
I huffed and muttered under my breath, a quick, 'Sure, whatever you say.'
"What's wrong with you? Are you on your man period?" Louis asked me, snickering.
"Ha. Ha. I'm laughing so hard." I replied, sarcastically.
Once Wolverhampton finished unpacking, they took the field to warm-up. (The opposing team(Visitors) take the field to warm-up first. The home team warms up after them, since the visiting team bats first. In this case, the home team is Liam's team while the visiting team is Wolverhampton.)
Liam and the other Bradford players ran over to the outfield in the grass to simply stretch before the game. Liam laid on the ground and lifted one leg up while Harry stretched it out for him. I looked over at Louis and started tapping my foot repeatedly while biting my lip. Louis looked at me confused. That was, before he looked over at Liam and Harry. He widened his eyes and formed his mouth in an 'o' shape.
"Just look away for a minute and then look back when his stretches aren't so attention-seeking." He told me.
I looked down at the bleachers for about a minute before looking back up at Liam. Now, he was bending down and touching his toes.
"Lou!" I muttered to him.
Louis looked over at me-then at Liam-and laughed.
"Really, you're laughing at this?" I asked, eyeing him.
Louis shrugged. "I mean, it is kind of funny. You're literally freaking out because he is stretching." He stated. "On the other hand, he isn't too bad to look at."
I shook my head, laughing. "Don't you have a boyfriend, mate?"
Louis nodded and pointed to Harry.
"Sure do. That long-haired hottie right there to be exact, Malik."
"Sassy much?" I muttered under my breath.
"Heard that." Louis mentioned, placing his aviators over his eyes and smiling.
I rolled my eyes and looked back out onto the field. Wolverhampton was still on the field warming up, while our hometown went to their dug-out.
Over all of the people on the bleachers talking, I could faintly hear our team doing their regular routine to get them pumped up.
"B-R-A-D!" Liam yelled, spelling out the word.
Everyone repeated after him.
"F-O-R-D!" Liam yelled, spelling out the word again.
Once again, everyone repeated him.
Soon enough, they all ran out to the field and took their positions while Wolverhampton got ready to bat.
Liam had a baseball that he threw to everyone in the in-field(Second Base: Harry, Short-Stop: Niall, Third Base: Josh).
After a few minutes of each of the teams getting prepared, the game eventually started.
***
Bottom of the sixth inning.
Liam was up to bat and the crowd roared; including Louis and I.
Bradford was leading: 6-3.
There was a runner on first base and third base.
Liam-being the MVP of the league last year-was everyone's favorite and bound to get a home run with a crazy crowd.
Wolverhampton's pitcher-which read Irwin on the back of his jersey-positioned himself for the pitch. His leg lifted and the ball rolled off of his hands as he aimed for the catcher's glove.
Liam swung the bat all the way through and the ball went flying into the air. He dropped his bat and ran towards first base.
Everyone froze and stayed silent before the cheering began again.
"Home run from Payne!" The announcer shouted through his microphone. "His twentieth this season!"
I jumped up and down shouting, "Yeah, way to go Liam!"
Louis nudged my side before smiling at me.
I rolled my eyes and laughed at him; looking over to see Liam touch home plate and become greeted by his teammates with a group hug.
Bradford: 9. Wolverhampton: 3.
***
The game finally finished with a final score of 10-5; Bradford defeating Wolverhampton.
Louis and I walked over to Harry, who was talking to Liam and Niall. I followed closely behind Louis, who ran to Harry and jumped into his arms.
"Yay! You won baby! I'm so proud of you!" Louis squealed, peppering Harry with kisses all over his face.
I shuffled my feet and congratulated Niall and Liam.
"Thanks bro." Liam smiled at me.
"Yeah, thanks mate." Niall responded, smiling as well.
Niall nudged Liam and smirked, causing Liam to roll his eyes and smile.
"Well uh, we'll see you all around. Bye!" Liam waved at Harry, Louis and I, before running off with Niall.
I looked down at my shoes and then up at Louis and Harry to see them both staring at me.
"What?" I asked, oblivious to what they were staring at.
"Did you talk to Payne?" Harry asked me.
"Yeah, I congratulated him and he said thanks, why?" I replied, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.
"Good," He muttered. "I told him to take notice of you more often."
He smirked, giving Louis one last kiss on the lips and walking over to a few of his teammates.
***
Oooh, why did Liam smile when Zayn talked to him?? ;) I'll leave that for you guys to find out for yourselves! :P Just kidding, you'll find out soon...!
Anyway, I'm like super duper excited for this story!! I think that it's going to be really cool finding out how I want the story to go or change.
I started writing this story last year during my softball season and never finished it, so now I decided to pick it up again! I'm so happy I did! :D xx
But, while you wait for the next chapter of this story.. Go check out my other stories, maybe leave a comment, vote too? :P
Tysm for all of the views on my stories; Vogue Cover has over 1K reads, whaaattt??? :0 Haha, love you all!! ❤️