I Heard It's Haunted

The next morning you were the first one awake at 7 am. You had only 4 hours of sleep but that was enough for you. You figured you would make up for it by going to bed a little earlier tonight. You wanted to make breakfast but you didn't want to wake Lynn up just yet. You were surprised and happy to find that she was still pressed against you in the same position as when you fell asleep. You decided to roll over the back of the couch to avoid having to move her. You silently made your way to the kitchen and started making the one thing you knew would taste good. Your famous pancakes.

After a lot of procrastinating and about an hour later, the pancakes were done. You made just enough for you, Lyndsey and Sam. You left them on the counter and snuck into your room where sam was sleeping to grab some clean clothes and get dressed. You brushed you hair and teeth, changed, and put a little makeup on to start the day. When you went back downstairs you saw Sam and Lynn awake and in the kitchen staring and the pancakes. "Are these for us?" Sam said with a hungry look. "Yes they are, but leave some for me!" you said, running over to the table.

"Wow, y/n. These are really good." Lynn complimented. Sam added on "Of course they are! They're y/n's famous pancakes!" You blushed at the compliments, but mostly at Lynn's. "I'm glad you like them but you do realize that we all only got a little under 5 hours of sleep and are probably going to crash later, right?" Sam laughed "which is why Lex is coming to pick me up in a few. She want's to go to target and then i'll head home and take a nap. What're you guys going to be doing?" Lynn took this opportunity to answer. "Well, y/n is supposed to be taking me on a date later. But before that I'll probably go home in a few too. Get ready, maybe take a nap." You were furiously blushing at how excited Lynn seemed when talking about your date. Not to mention she didn't break eye contact the entire time. Sam glanced at you as if to say "this is your chance, don't fuck up."

A little while later she got a text from Lex saying she was outside. You and Lynn said your goodbyes and told Sam to tell Lex you said hello. There was a few minutes of silence between you and Lynn, broken by you. "It's almost 9:30.. do you want me to drive you home yet? I'm not kicking you out I... uh.. really like hanging out with you but you uh.. said you wanted to get ready for uh our date..." You stuttered and trailed off which made Lynn blush and giggle. You assumed this meant she found it cute and you flashed a small nervous smile. "If you want, you can drive me home now. I'll take a nap for an hour or two and text you when i wake up and then you can pick me up a little earlier than five and we can spend the day hanging out and getting to know each other a little better. Sound good?" You grinned and said "Sounds great. I'll get my car keys and we'll leave whenever you're ready."

Once you were in the car and only a few minutes from Lynn's house she spoke up. "oh shit y/n. I'm still wearing your sweats! I can run inside, change and bring them back out if yo-" you cut her off. "It's okay, you can keep them. They look cute on you anyway." You said feeling confident. She blushed.

Eventually you pulled up to her drive way and she got out. "Bye y/n! I'll see ya later!" She said before closing the door. You wave goodbye and smiled before driving back home. When you got home you took small nap on the couch but woke up to a text from Lynn.

Lynn: Hey, can you come pick me up? My mom just went out and I'm bored

Lynn: i also miss you a little

you're stomach did flips at the second text.

You: Of course I can come pick you up. i took a nap and missed you (a little) in front of me. I'll be there in a few.

After you sent your text you sprinted to the car. You hopped in and were at Lynn's in less than ten minutes. You texted her.

You: I'm outside!

Lynn: That was quick!

You saw her door start to open and you realized you didn't even check to see what you looked like. You looked in your car''s mirror to see your makeup was still in place but only a small piece of your hair that you were laying on was out of place which you easily fixed before Lynn could see you.

When she sat dow she immediately complimented you. "You look really cute." You took a second to acknowledge her appearance. You were stunned. She was wearing black skin tight skinny jeans and a black cut out crop top with a light maroon sweater over it. Her makeup was natural and her light brown hair that was perfectly in place made her mostly green eyes stand out. "Thank you Lyndsey but really... you're stunning. When you got in the car i was actually speechless for a second." it was her turn to be speechless. All she could do was blush and smile which you've started to get used to. But you weren't complaining.

"So, y/n, what do you have planned for today?"
You had to think quick because in your excitement you forgot to actually plan something and went with one of Sam's ideas. "There's this old abandoned hospital not too far from here and I heard it's haunted. Are you up for some exploring?" Her face lit up. "HOW DID YOU KNOW IM OBSESSED WITH GHOSTS AND CREEPY ABANDONED PLACES?! This is awesome, I'm so excited." You were shocked. You had no idea she would like this. You tried to play it off cool. "Lucky guess." You said and smiled.

You pulled out of her drive way and shortly after you pulled up to a café. The two of you decided since it was still pretty light out you would pass some time getting to know each other. You both ordered hot chocolate and sat down at a table for two in the back of the room.
You talked for about two hours. The conversation just didn't stop. You were so interested in Lyndsey and she seemed to be really interested in you, a feeling you would never get tired of.

"You know, Lynn. I really like hanging out with you." She blushed and said "yeah well you're not too bad yourself." You smiled at each other for a minute before you said "I think we should head over to the hospital now, it's getting darker." The two of you threw your cups away and got in your car. As you were driving Lyndsey plugged her phone and started playing music. You only had one hand on the wheel so she took the opportunity to hold your other hand which made your insides explode and your face blush.