chapter thirty six

Start from the beginning

“Kagen!” Tibitha didn’t mean to shout but the sight of him alone frightened her to death. “Kagen.” She cried.

Movement from the chair in the corner caused her to jump back and away from the opening beside the bed. The highest Priest stood up from the very spot he had stayed since Kagen was placed in the hospital. Tibitha took calming breaths once she had seen who it was standing there.

“Angus,” Tibitha whispered loud enough for him to hear.

“I am looking over Kagen. I was the one who found him carrying the wolf.”

“So it’s true. He captured a wolf.” Tibitha smiled down at the sleeping man. “Amazing.”

“It is.” Angus moved towards the bed, yawning.

“Have you figured out if it’s a changing bite or not?”

Angus rubbed his temples, “We do not know at this time.”

Nodding her head, she leaned down and moved a piece of hair that was laying on his forehead.

“I take it that your son has given a legacy.”

“He has, it’s his birth right.”

Angus nodded in return.

The reflection in the window told her that a guard came in with two cups of coffee in his hands. Tibitha looked over her shoulder towards him then back to the man on the bed. Her heart ached to see him lying there injured the way he was. Kagen was a fighter ten times over the next man. He would never have gotten this way if it hadn’t gave it his all.

“I just got word that Lorraine is on her way,” the guard said.

“What on earth why?” Angus seemed confused on this matter.

Keeping her ears open and her head down at Kagen, Tibitha allowed the conversation to go forth without interruption.

“She said that she had knew information about something. Lorraine wouldn’t tell me over the phone, just that you needed to hear it for yourself.”

Time seemed to have stood still for the fifteen minutes it took Lorraine to come in the door with more guards behind her. Tibitha rolled her eyes at the sight of the woman. Lorraine stood like she owned the place, like it was her who was the Highest Priestess.

“Awe Tibitha, it is good to see that you are home.”

Tibitha nodded. Her hand tightened around the bed post.

“I assume that Tatom has tied his soul to the wolf.” Her voice dripped with venom.

Straightening her back, Tibitha turned towards Lorraine. “Yes, which is my sons right. This coven has kept him from his true destiny for years. I will not allow another moment to go by with him away from Langdon! Or his mate!”

“Tibitha shut up,” a groggy voice came from the bed.

Flipping around with eyes full of surprise. “Kagen!” Leaning down, “You’re awake.”

“I wish I wasn’t,” he mumbled.

“Did I wake you?” Her face full of guiltiness.

“Like you would have it any other way,” he replied in a mumble.

Tibitha smiled at the man on the bed. Kagen had to be healing. His jokes were directed towards her in the manner they always had been. Straight forward and direct.

“Are you in any pain?”

“Not at the moment,” Kagen shifted his upper body to scratch his back.