Chapter 24: Baby, It's Yours

I woke up early in the morning and got ready for my doctors appointment. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to see the baby.

I grabbed my keys and left out the house, heading to Dr.Phil's office.

When I arrived he greeted me warmly.

"How are you?," he asked.

"I'm good and you?'', I asked.

"Good. Oh I almost forgot you never picked up your papers," he said.

"What papers?", I asked. He looked around at the other people.

"Umm the paternity papers," he whispered. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"We got it already," I said.

"That's not possible. The papers arrived 2 days ago from the DNA center," he said.

"Let me see them," I said.

"Here you go,'' he said. I opened them and looked inside. It said Loki was the father.

"The ones I got said Sambar was the father," I said.

"Sambar Giordano?", he asked.

"Yeah, do you know him?", I asked.

"No, but I heard about him. His mate left him," Dr.Phil said.

"Why?", I asked.

"She wanted kids and he was shooting blanks. She had an affair with one of these big alphas and they had a child together. She rejected Sambar and took the alpha as her new mate. They said he kept stalking her so the alpha gave Sambar to these vampires to take 'care' of him. And no one has heard of him since," Dr. Phil said.

"Tragic,'' I said.

"Yeah. Are you ready for your appointment?", he asked.

"Yeah," I said. We went into his office and he did a sonogram.

"It's a girl," he said, smiling. I smiled too. I listened to the baby's heartbeat.

"Everything seems good," he said. I took the jelly off my stomach.

"Well your free to go," he said. I nodded.

"Thanks Dr. Phil," I said.

"No problem," he said. I left out and rushed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Loki guess what?", I said as I rushed in.

"I told you I've been busy. Don't do that, I'll be there," I heard him say as he finished up his conversation. He hung up the phone and his eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Who was that?", I asked.

"My secretary. He's been getting on me about not being in for work even though I own the place," Loki chuckled.

"Oh. Well anyways those papers we got were fake. I went to the doctors and got the real paternity papers, your the baby's father and its a girl," I said.

"I-I'm the father?", he asked shocked.

"Yeah, aren't you excited?", I asked.

"Y-yeah babe," he said.

"Well we could pick out baby names," I said.

"I really wish we could, but works calling," Loki said.

"Okay. Well maybe another time," I said.

"Yeah, I'll see you later
And Audri is over at Ellie's," he said.

I nodded and went upstairs. I guess I was alone. I snuggled up in bed and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up it was around 12:00. I knew Loki was having lunch soon so I decided to make him some lunch.

After I finished making it, I went to my car and headed to his office.

"Hey, can I see Loki Adams, I'm his wife," I said to the receptionist.

"Mr.Adams isn't in today, it's his day off," she said.

"Are you sure?", I asked.

"Yes dear," she said.

"Thanks," I said as I turned around and left. A ton of thoughts were swirling in my head.

I left out and went to my car and just started driving around trying to clear my head.

My car halted when I stopped at this park. I saw a pregnant woman, a little toddler, and Loki.

'God please don't let this be what I think it is.'

I got out the car and headed over to them.

"Hey Loki, here's your lunch," I said, trying to stay calm.

The lady looked over at me, then back at Loki.

"Do you know her or something?", she asked.

"I'm his wife, and you are?", I asked.

"I'm Sally, nice to meet you," she said.

"Likewise. So where is your mate?", I asked.

"Bailed out. He didn't want to have anymore kids, so when he found out I was pregnant he left," she said, sadly.

"Sorry to hear that. But what are you doing here when you told me you were at work?", I asked Loki.

"I was trying to cheer Sally up," he said.

"I'm sorry I called him over here," she said, not sounding sorry at all.

"So I take it you guys are really close," I said.

"Yeah. We talk almost everyday," she smiled.

"Interesting. Well I wouldn't want to interrupt your day so I'm going to bounce," I said calmly.

Because if I didn't leave all these children were going to learn some new curse words and how to give a good ass whooping.

I headed back to the car.

"Gwen wait," Loki said.

"What do you want?", I asked.

"Don't be mad," he said.

"How can I not be, you lied to me to hang out with another woman. Specifically Sally, the woman you said you had no more contact with," I said.

"I know. And I'm sorry, she was talking about killing herself and I didn't want that to happen. I was trying to help her," he said.

"Well why you had to lie?", I asked.

"I thought you would get mad," he said.

"Well now I'm more mad because you lied, so I'm going to leave and let you sit here and think about how much you fucked up. And when you come to the realization of how much you fucked up, then you will know that to do," I said as I got in the car and drove away.