"Shall we?" Mr. Mathur asked indicating their seats.

"After you, Radhika," Arjun spoke as he towered over her and pulled a seat for her.

"So, Mr. Khanna I would like to know the reason for this meeting?" Mr. Mathur said as he looked at him straight in the eye.

Arjun sat up straight and linked his fingers together, the movement too familiar to Radhika.

He still does that; she thought and suppressed the urge to smile.

"As you're aware of the fact, that I am heading for the Oil producers forum in the coming week, I am hereby fielding a proposal and need an academic with profound knowledge and reasoning to back me up," his voice spoke with power, it made Radhika's heart beat faster.

Why did he have such a hold on her even after so many years of pure abandonment? She shook her head as she focused on the current assignment.

"Hmmm. So why not hire from some university? Why us?" Radhika quipped as she narrowed her eyes; her eyes spoke of suspicion and mistrust.

He looked at her with an intensity that shook her very core, “Because, I need proper expertise and experience. This is not just some normal ordinance making."

"Then, what is it?" Mr. Mathur urged.  

"I am a busy man and I am sure so are you, first lets deal with the nitty grittys. Are you onboard?" Arjun raised his eyebrows arrogantly as he waited for them to speak.

Mr. Mathur looked at Radhika and she nodded her head," Yes, we are. Meet your academic partner- Miss Radhika Verma."

Arjun smiled as he said," Very well, Mr. Mathur. May we use your facility for the ensuing one-on-one conversation? “He waved his hand implying he wasn’t really giving him an option.

Mr. Mathur knew this was a condition usually placed by most of their clientele. They wanted privacy and seclusion. He looked at Radhika and raised his eyebrows; she nodded with a little tilt of her head.

Arjun stood up and assisted her out of her chair as Mr. Mathur discerning the implications of refusing his demand stood and guided them to a small conference room.

“Thank you, Mr. Mathur that would be it,” with that Arjun ushered him outside and turned to face Radhika, a small smile playing on his lips.

He watched her standing haughtily near the desk, his eyes roved appreciatively over the enticing vision she created. Her skim gleamed and her hair tumbled over her shoulders delicately. He suppressed the urge to glide his fingers softly through her hair.

“So,” he said as he took a step towards, “my cute, little girl turned into a goddess….”

Radhika rolled her eyes,” Mr. Khanna, I am not here to hear empty compliments.”

“And she has teeth that don’t chew but bite, feisty,” he complete his sentence as if she had not spoken.