Chapter 10: A Test with Beeps and a Teacher with a Too Loud Voice

Arthur, Finn and Elice finished eating and got up again. Elice dashed off almost immediately, because she said she had to go to a class she'd been late to more than not, so if she was late one more time the Professor would've got her a fail, and she really couldn't use that.

So, Arthur and Finn decided to start making their way to the running cabin. Considering Arthur had it with Finn he didn't really have to look for the right branches and sub-branches and cabins, since Finn, who'd been at Arboria for more than six and a half years, would know the way. They reached the right cabin and entered it. The inside was like an Olympic stadion, but smaller. There were laps where a large group of Dreamers were running around, and a tall, built man in shorts and a tank top was yelling and twirling the little whistle around his neck in his large hands. Arthur and Finn walked towards the teacher, and greeted him. "Who's this, Finn?" he asked, in a loud voice. It resembled more yelling or exclaiming, rather than talking. Arthur flinched slightly as the man eyed him up and down.

Finn hesitated, then answered."This is Arthur, he-err, he's joining our class." he stammered.

The teacher huffed. "He appears to be a Uphlet." he paused, "well, what are you waiting for? Put on a running tenue, and get running!" He yelled, and Arthur was pulled towards the two doors, the pink and the blue one, and Finn opened the pink one.

Inside there were tall shelves, with boxes in them. "What's your size?" Finn asked hastily.

Arthur needed a moment to think about it. "I think-" he started, but Finn picked up a box and pressed it in his arms.

"And your shoe size?" Finn added, and before Arthur could speak Finn had grabbed five pair and pushed open the door again. Now, they walked to the blue door next to it, which they entered quickly. Finn ripped open the box and a set of a white T-shirt and a white pair of shorts came out. He handed them to Arthur, who got undressed and got changed into the white tenue.

"Finn, what's wrong? You seem stressed." he said, and Finn rolled his eyes.

He took a box from the shelves in this room which had his name on it in a delicate italic, and got undressed too, to put the tenue on. "We've got about twenty seconds left before we have to stand in line before Mr Macaw." Finn panted, then wriggled his feet in a pair of socks and shoes. Arthur stood there, beaming at his friend. "Arthur. Put on a pair of shoes!" Finn exclaimed.

Arthur did as he was told and took the right size of the five pairs Finn had brought. The socks sat inside, rolled up in a pretty ball. He wanted to ask what he should do with the box and remaining shoes, but before he'd tied his left shoe, Finn was pulling him outside. Arthur hopped after him, trying to tie the laces.

"-2..." Mr Macaw was nearly done counting down when Arthur and Finn joined the others. Arthur silently examined all of them. He let out a squeak as he saw he was with Sofia again. "1! Alright, you're all here, good. good. Let's start with five laps to warm up."

Sofia raised her hand. Mr Macaw looked at her and gave a small jerk with his head to give her permission to speak. "Mr Macaw, we've already done some laps. We're-"

"One sentence questions, Miss Sofia, no fooling about. You'd be better off saving your breath for some running." Mr Macaw said. Sofia nodded and lowered her arm.

The group shifted into movement and started making way to the track. Arthur and Finn followed, and broke into a slow jog. "So, he really is intense, huh?" Arthur said, and Finn merely nodded.

"Yeah. He's the worst. People say he's been here his whole life, and never changed being a Vinchman. Thus why he'd be so agressive." Finn said, then quickened his pace. Arthur followed him, desperate to keep his breath steady.