Ch. 2 ~ Artist and Suave.

Hanging up my jacket, I yelled out in the house.

"Kev?! Baby you here?"

"Yeah!" Kevin replied, walking out in a towel, ruffling his wet hair. "Hey babe." He said, walking over with a smile and kissing my cheek.

My fiancé, Kevin Grand, is definitely the love of my life. He's able to keep up with me, both in bed and when we talk. We have these inside jokes that are actually the best, and we both have our lives figured out.

I love him so much.

So, when he asked me to marry him, I of course said yes.

I mean, it's been about 3 years. It was time.

I just hope he's ready for the commitment.

"You know you can't just walk to me in a towel and expect me to just let you kiss my cheek can you?" I said, sliding my finger down his chest. He chuckled and took my finger kissing it, then pulling me into our bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I heard was an alarm blaring.

The next was a manly groan and the hand around my waist gone, and into the bathroom for a shower.

Before, I used to sneak up on him and we used to get a quickie in the shower before he went to work.

Now? He locks the door. I sighed and went back to sleep.

"Are you free enough to meet up to go over wedding stuff this week Kev?" I asked him on the phone.

I was in between classes, cleaning up for the next set of people to come in.

I worked at a community college as an art teacher, thanks to my best friend's husband Miguel. He's a great teacher, and I love walking over to his class when I'm done with mine.

"I can't baby, I have meetings all this week, then this weekend I have to fly to – "

"Wait, we're supposed to be meeting our parents –"

"I know, can you call them and cancel?"

"I'm not cancelling again. Your parents probably think I'm the worst person in the world! You can cancel the plans, and tell my parents if you're not going to be here."

"Ellie I can't – "

"Bye Kevin." I hung up and let out a frustrated yell. Looking up, I realized that my students were all in their seats, momentarily frightened. I smiled.

"Let's start shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't get what I'm doing! I give him space, I'm patient with when we can do the wedding plans, I do everything to make him comfortable and he can't do the same?!" I groaned out on the phone to Nat.

Nat and I have known each other since we were babies. We were in the same nursery group, then grew up and went to college together. We lean on each other with everything.

"Do you think he's ready to settle down?" Nat asked. I sighed, looking over one of my student's drawings.

"I thought he was. I mean, why would you propose if you're not ready?"

"Maybe because he might have been forced to? I mean you're very intimidating when it comes down to it – "

"Hey!"