Prologue

Two figures lay in a grassy field. One holding the other in his arms. He weeps as his friend is dying. He begs-pleads for him to stay. He tells him everything will be alright. But then, his friend touches his head, a sad smile upon his face as he whispers a final:

"Thank you..."

And then he was gone.

The young man, all alone now, let out a startling cry as he held the corpse of his dear friend. His eyes glowed gold and nature responded to his grief. He cursed the world, he cursed this destiny of his. His pain never ceased as he gently laid his friend into a boat, standing on the shore of the lake called Avalon. With a final sob and a whispered spell, the boat sailed itself forward and towards the Isle of the Blessed.

Years, even centuries, passed and the young man never dared to travel far from the lake of Avalon. Sometimes, you may see him as a lonely man standing by the shore or an old man walking down the road. He'll never stop waiting. Even when his home has fallen, even when the trees are cut and are replaced with buildings that scrape the sky. Even when wars are fought and bombs are dropped and alliances are made. He will wait forever if he has to.

And who is this young man, you wonder? Well, he is the one and only... Merlin.

~

JANUARY 5TH, 1969 - LOS ANGELES AIRPORT

A man with a black fedora and matching trench coat pulled his luggage onto the plane. He's 25 and inexperienced. He had only recently joined the investigative career. Last year, he had been temporarily assigned to the MLK assassination case in Memphis before he was signed up to be transferred to international cases. There had been no word of any case elsewhere until there were several homicides committed including three Americans and he had been immediately moved to go undercover in Wales. His name is Detective Michael Jones, and little did he know that he'd become a good friend of the greatest sorcerer the world has ever seen.