Chapter Eight

Riley looked at Auggie with a worried grin.

Topanga looked at Cory and he acted like he didn't see her.

"Okay here it goes" Topanga started. "We're moving"

"What!?!" Auggie and Riley said in unison. "We can't!" Riley said.

"We have to. Your mother got a great job. You'll love California!" Cory said.

Riley was about to cry.

"When we move to California, can we go to the beach?" Auggie asked. "Everyday" Cory said. "Yay! I'm gonna go pack now!" Auggie said excitedly running to his room.

"I can't move!" Riley cried. "I'm sorry Riles. We tried to tell you earlier but you always had an excuse" Topanga put her arm around her.

"No!" Riley screamed and stood up. "We're not leaving till Monday!" Topanga said. "Mom, it's Wednesday!" Riley cried. Cory put his arm around Topanga.

"I finally get close with Farkle and we move! I finally understand my life and we move! And Maya, oh Maya! I can't leave her!" Riley ran to her room.

Riley kicked already half filled boxes in the hallway. She slammed her door. She stood in the middle of her room as tears dripped down her face.

She dried her eyes. She pushed clothes from the floor around and stomped her feet. She was sad and frustrated with everything. She didn't know whether to cry or scream.

"How could they? They are hippopotamuses! They tell me to fit in. They tell me to trust my friends! They tell me bullies don't matter if you stay with your friends! Well I did, and now they are taking me away from them!" Riley cried in her bay window.

She thought of 9th grade.

*Flash Back*
"Mom, they don't stop! They just pick on me because I'm a freshmen! I don't fit in!" Riley cried in her mother's shoulder.

Topanga tried to not cry as she watched her daughter cry because of bullies.

"Riley, Riley, sweetie listen to me!" Topanga said picking Riley's head up. Riley tear stained eyes were puffy, but Topanga continued. "You can't run from your problems" she said.

Riley wiped her eyes and stared at her bracelet. "I-I have to...they just don't stop" Riley cried.

"Listen, no matter what you go through you always have to tell your friends. They'll help you. They'll support you. Maya, Farkle, Lucas they all love you. Tell them. Don't go through this alone. You wanted me to help you without telling a teacher, well there's your help. Go to them. You got great friends. Your friends should be worth it to deal with an insecure bully." Topanga said.

Riley looked at her mom. She half smiled. "Go to them. They'll always be there" she kissed her daughter's forehead and left.

Riley smiled and got up to leave. She went and met her friends to tell them what was happening.

*End Flash Back*

"She told me to go to them. I did. And now I have to leave them. And Farkle! How could they!"

Riley spent the rest of that night thinking of how she was gonna tell them. Especially Farkle.

Sorry I haven't updated. I've been busy. So I hoped you enjoyed this chapter with the flash back. The story is far from over. :-)