Chapter Four

*That same night at Farkle's*

Maya ran up to the penthouse door and banged on it loud. "Farkle!" Maya screamed.

Farkle's dad, Stuart, came to the door. "Maya?" he asked her. "Yeah its me. Can I talk to Farkle?" Maya asked. "Umm actually he's asleep already" Stuart said.

Maya looked down at her phone disappointed. 9:56. It was barely 10 o'clock. He's really sleeping now?

"Could I at least try?" Maya asked. "What-what do you mean by that?" he asked confused like. "Okay. I mean it's an emergency and I need to talk to him now. And I hate to break it to ya, but he's not asleep. Come on, he's a teenager" Maya persuaded him.

Stuart thought about it for a second. "Go ahead. Up the stairs, first door o-" he started. "Thanks Mr. Minkus I know where it is" Maya ran towards the stairs.

She reached the door and without knocking walked in. "Maya! Geez! Do you know how to knock?!" he said.

"It was an emergency" she started. She sat down on the edge of his bed and he sat up on his bed.

"What is this emergency?" Farkle asked. Maya didn't know how to tell him. But Riley never would tell him. So she had to.

"Farkle, Riley likes you-" Maya started. "What!?!" he stood up. "Whats wrong with that?" Maya asked. "Nothing. Nothing at all. I just didn't think it was possible.... Wait- You're messing with me Hart. Why are you messing with me?" he said.

"Farkle, I'm not messing with you. She seriously likes you. You're all she talks about and she told me straight up" Maya said.

Farkle looked sad.

"Why are you sad? You should be happy! Riley loves you! And you have to ask her out" Maya exclaimed.

"I'm not sad Maya. I'm just scared" he said. "Scared of what?" Maya asked. "Scared of rejection. Or that I'll disappoint her" he said.

Maya breathed out deeply. "She really likes you. But she's too scared to tell you. You have to ask her. And she will say yes-" Maya started. "How do you know! She's never said yes before!" Farkle interupted.

Maya thought a second. "Asking her out in middle school is not the same as asking out someone in high school"

"How do you know?" Farkle asked.

"Because you've been through more" Maya said.

They sat there in silence.

Maya stood up and walked towards the door. "I really hope you ask her. She really likes you" Maya said before walking out and leaving Farkle in a big room full of his thoughts.