I look around, the place wasn't empty so I was confused as to why they weren't freaking out.

Either they see wolves in the campus a lot or they are too consumed in their own lives to look around. Either way I was grateful they weren't making such a fuss.

I keep staring at my mate from a far until I see an animal control truck park at the parking lot .

Are you kidding me?! I am a human just like them. One that happens to turn into a wolf but a human nonetheless.

Growling in annoyance I quickly run through the sea of students past the animal control guy who seemed startled by my size and into the woods.

I was still really far away from home but I wasn't in any hurry so I slow down.

I was walking, slowly but surely to my pack when I am tackled.

I am immediately in survival mode and I push my attacker off me, then clamp my teeth around his side.

I growl at him, in a warning that if he doesn't bow down to me I will kill him.

He whines submission and leg go of him only to he attacker by 6 others from behind.

As soon as they have me restrained a man who I vaguely know as some Alpha I've seen in one of my father's meetings appears.

He sighs, and tells the other wolves  something through mind link and they let me go.

"You are Alpha Byronn's son" the man says handing me some basketball shorts.

I shift back and put them on.

"Sorry for attacking you. We are on high alert because of what happened to Alpha Max" he says and I frown.

Alpha Max is Maddox and Nicole's father.

"What happened to him?" I ask.

"Didn't you hear? A rogue killed Alpha Max and his Luna" he says solemnly.

"When was this?" I ask frantically, Maddox's parents were like family to me.

"A few hours ago, I'm not really sure they were really vague in the matter but apparently something happened to their daughter as well"

I nod and without another word shift and run like I've never ran before.

As soon as I get to my pack I make sure that we are in no danger, i make all of the guards patrol every single inch o land that we own and look for Anna.

When I find her she is sobbing in her room.

"Hey Kiddo, are you okay?" I ask softly and she shakes her head.

"Everyone is saying that they killed Max and Temperance and that they hurt Nicole as well" every word was interrupted by sobs and my heart broke because it was true. Both of our packs were really close.

Nicole and Anna were best friends and I used to be really close to Maddox until I started sleeping around and he decided he didn't want to be around that.

"Anna I am going to go to their pack and see if they need anything. Jules and Cameron will take care of you" I say and start to leave when she grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"I am going with you, she is my friend and I love him" Anna says and I lose it.

"No, I've had it with you. This is serious this is very fucking serious and you don't love him you don't know what love is. Wait for your mate and that's that" I yell, fed up with everything.

"Yeah? Just like you waiting for yours?" She says.

I stay still for a second, processing what she just said and then without answering I turn around exiting the room.