"Hello sweetheart."

"Haymitch... hey," I say surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I promised I'd come visit, didn't I?" he says.

"Yeah, that was two months ago."

"You gonna let me in, sweetheart?" Haymitch asks.

"Ugh, yeah... I guess," I open the door more and move out of the way so he can come in. He goes and plops down on the sofa and I sit next to him. "What do you want, Haymitch?"

"I came to let you know that Peeta is coming back to Twelve."

"Well, You're about three days late."

"What do you mean?" Haymitch asks.

"Peeta got back the day before yesterday," I tell him.

"How do you know that?"

"I saw him yesterday. He told me he got back the previous day."

"Well, you guys are talking. My job here is done," Haymitch says, slurring his words as usual.

"I wouldn't exactly say we are talking. He was planting primroses in my garden when I woke up screaming from a nightmare. He came to comfort me but the door was locked. I let him in and was too scared to let him go. He stayed with me but left this morning before I woke up."

We sit in silence for a few minutes, Haymitch sips his drink he brought with him every now and then. My mind wanders, just like it has been since I woke up. I know I love Peeta. I realized it when it was too late and he was taken from me. He didn't want the games to change him, but they did and it's my fault. There's no way he could sill love me. Haymitch speaks up, almost as if he could hear my thoughts.

"You know he stills loves you, right?" He says.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," I reply.

"I know he does," Haymitch says as he wraps an arm around me, pulling me into the crook of his arm. Its comforting, but it's definitely not Peeta's embrace.

"How? You obviously haven't talked to him since he's been back," I say sarcastically.

"You're right," he does that smirk and giggle he does sometimes. "But he called me the day before he left to let me know he was coming back. I didn't answer, so he left a voicemail. He asked about you," Haymitch explains.

"Just because he asked about me doesn't mean he still loves me," I say getting irritated. "Why are you telling me this?"

"No, but if you let me continue... you'll understand why," he adds. "He was concerned. He went on and on about how worried he was with you handling the loss of your sister. He told me, well my machine, that all he wanted was to be with you. He wants you to be able to help him clear up his messed up memories. He's afraid your love is still an act. He's not exactly sure what is real or not when it comes to his memories with you. He feels it's real but is afraid that because of his hijacking, you don't love him anymore. All he wants it for you two to protect each other like you used to do."

I don't say anything and we sit in silence again. Haymitch finishes his drink and decides to go back home to get more. Before he gets too far away I yell after him.

"HAYMITCH!" he stops and turns around.

"Sae is cooking dinner for me, Peeta is coming. You can come too if you want," I shout across the way. He just nods, turns back around, and starts the trek back to his house. I take that as a 'I'm not guaranteeing anything but go ahead and count me in'.

Greasy Sae will be here shortly to make dinner, so I don't have enough time to go to the woods. I wonder if Peeta is back from town yet. I throw on my father's hunting jacket and a pair of boots. I write a note for Sae in case she get's here before I'm back from Peeta's house. I don't want her to think I've succeeded in my mission of trying to take my life.