29: Babymoon

I hear a quiet voice having a one-sided conversation as I parade down the stairs like a zombie. I'm a little bit distracted because my baby belly feels very bottom heavy today, so I don't exactly catch everything that's being said. I'm more concerned with the fact that it feels like the baby is about to fall out between my legs any second. Now that I'm in my eighth month of pregnancy, Jade has warned me about all kinds of things. This dropping feeling is one of them. There's so much pressure between my hips and in my pelvis that it's making it very uncomfortable to walk. Although, I do feel like I can breathe a bit easier than I used to. Had Jade not warned me about this feeling, though, I would swear up and down that I was in labor.

When I reach the bottom of the steps, I hear the tail end of the conversation.

"We will don't worry," Peeta says. "Uh-huh, we'll see you soon. Ok, bye."

He hangs up the phone and walks to the pantry to pull out ingredients to begin making breakfast, completely oblivious to the fact that I've come downstairs.

"Who was that?" I ask, startling him.

"Jeez, Katniss," He exclaims, putting his hand to his heart. "Freaking ninja."

I giggle, "I didn't mean to scare you."

I walk up behind him and try to put my arms around his core, but my belly doesn't allow them to circle around him as well as they used to. Still, Peeta does what he always does and places a hand on top of mine. I kiss the nape of his neck and another on his back between his shoulder blades. The baby starts moving like crazy between us, and for the first time I don't feel little feet harshly smacking my ribcage, and I can actually feel a little divot between my bust and my bump— it feels quite soft. 

"Goodness, little one," Peeta says with a giant smile.

"Give me your hand," I tell him.

He hands it to me and I place it right on my pelvic region just below my waist line.

"Whoa," he freaks out and quickly pulls away when I do this. "What are you trying to do here?" 

"Just relax," I tell him. "Trust me."

I gently place his hand in the same spot, put mine on top of his, and gently press down.

"Do you feel that?" I ask him.

"Is that her face?"

"I think that it could be his head, yes." 

"Why are you so certain it's a boy?"

"Why are you so certain it's a girl?"

"That's really cool," Peeta says, starring down at my crotch. "But also very weird and kinda gross."

"Oh, whatever," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Maybe I should rethink my plan then," Peeta mumbles.

"What?" I ask, not quite hearing him again.

"I have a surprise for you," he smiles his handsome smile.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Remember how your mom was gonna come visit a few months ago, but couldn't because she needed to save the time for when you delivered?"

"Yeah..." I say with furrowed eyebrows, trying to figure out what he has planned.

"Well... I thought we could take one more trip before you have the baby, our last trip just the two of us. I wanted to take you back to the beach, back to the place where we healed— tired to heal. I thought it would be therapeutic to visit the ocean."