Chapter 14, Makes My Heart Want To Stop

Dakoda’s POV

I show up to the party fifteen minutes after it starts. First I’m greeted by the smell of alcohol in the room. A bunch of teenagers dancing, drinking, making out, and I think passed out around the rooms of the first floor. I’m not sure why I’m even here, but my heart keeps pushing me to be closer to Kara. Just something about her makes my heart want to stop and come back to life. I maneuver around the first floor from the dining room to living room to kitchen to the downstairs bathroom. Maybe I should text her to see if she is here.

I pull out my phone and give her a quick text where she is. I roam around once again into the living room to see her dancing in the living room with her friends. Her hips moving swiftly to the beat of the song, dancing gracefully. I’m not sure how it can be graceful it is a rock metal song. But somehow this girl has managed to do it. She’s dancing alongside with her friend, whose hair is waved crazily all over and jumping up and down. She has a really weird friend that’s for sure. I make my way over to her and her friend, moving with the music to match their dancing style. I fit in for the most part till Kara looks up at me. Her nice green blue eyes staring up at me, trying to find out who I am for stomping on her fun time. Once, she realizes who I am, she smiles wide and jumps up to give me a hug.

“Hey, I’m glad you made it!” She shouts over the music.

“I’m glad to.” I say back to her.

“Come on dance!” She shouts and starts moving to the beat again.

Her hips moving with the beat is so memorizing, I didn’t even notice that my body started to move as well. All three of us danced together for a while to over to many songs to count. Deciding to take a break and go get a drink. We make our way to the kitchen and grab onto some screwdriver drinks. We chug them down for a few seconds to take a break. Apparently someone likes them with too much vodka. I look over at Kara and she just keeps chugging it down like no tomorrow. Her friend takes her drink with her to I’m guess is her boyfriend. Leaving me here with a drunk Kara and me just a bit sober.

“Let’s go outside!” I shout to her.

“Okay!” She says back to me.

We both walk next to each other till we reach outside in the back yard. Making our way further down the lawn past the pool. We sit down with our drinks still in hand, well only I have my drink, Kara drank all of hers.

“It’s pretty out tonight.” She says.

“Yes it is, but not as pretty as the girl next to me.” I say to her.

“Thanks Dakoda.” She says with a smile.

She tilts her head up towards the sky. I follow her gaze to see a million stars above us. Each in a different pattern in the sky. We stare up at the star filled sky in perfect silence, but not awkward silence.

“Kara?” I turn to look at her.

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad I sit next to you in French.” I say.

“Me to Dakoda, me too.” She says.

“Come on lets go drink some more!” She says getting up.

A light chuckle escapes my mouth as I follow her into the kitchen for more to drink. A couple more hours later, and more tequila shots, we are both totally drunk. Laughing and giggling while we dance horribly to the music playing right now. Though, we just don’t care enough to stop.

“I gotta go to the bathroom!” Kara shouts.

“Here, I’ll take you there.” I say. I grab her hand and lead her to the bathroom downstairs. It’s occupied, great. I then take her upstairs to the hallway bathroom and that one is occupied as well.

“I need to pee!” she says.

“Hold on, there all occupied.” I try to say to her, but she just keeps repeating that she needs to go.

“There’s a bathroom in Emily’s room.” Kara points to her room.

I lead her into the room and straight to the bathroom. I wait in the bedroom while Kara relieves herself in the bathroom. I walk around and stare at the many pictures in Emily’s room. Some of her holding a puppy, some with her brother, and some with her parents. Lucky her that she gets to see her parents every night, well except for this night that’s for sure. After a few minutes, I got worried and knocked on the bathroom door. Nothing from the other side. I open the door slowly to see that Kara is passed out on the bathroom floor. Guess we’re crashing here tonight. I pick her up and take her into Emily’s room and then onto her bed. I lock the door so no one can come and I cuddle up next to her.

“I want another drink.” Kara stirs and mutters in her sleep.

“No, it’s time to sleep now.” I say back to her. I wrap my arm around her rubbing her back in the process.

Before I can fall asleep there is a knock on the door followed by John’s voice.

“Emily? Are you in there?!” He yells.

He must be trying to find her since she took off with Noah a while ago.

“No it’s just Kara in here!” I yell back in a girlie voice. Hoping that he will not notice and leave.

“Okay. Night Kara!”

Wow, he must be drunk as well to not have even noticed. Point for Dakoda! I look back down at Kara and watch her sleep peacefully next to me. Soon enough sleep engulfs me and I’m asleep next to her.

 _____________________________________________________

Okay! Please tell me what you think of this chapter?!! I won't update the next one till I have at least 3 comments and 5 votes for this chapter!! 

Let me know what you think of Dakoda? Pretty Please?!! :)