5: The Day Keira Rudd dragged me to a party and convinced me to get drunk

Start from the beginning

"We're not friends", I lie, but Jake simply shakes his head. His red shimmering hair swinging from one side to the other.

"You like her Riley."

"I don't."

"Well I like her", he suddenly announces and I choke on air before I feel him patting my back. A soft chuckle escapes his mouth and I can't suppress my own laughter.

"You l-like her?"

"Of course. She might be nuts, but she is also very nice and I like her for standing up against labeling. She is more than what catches the eye Riley", he speaks and I stare at him with wide eyes. So does that mean that he gave up trying to not become her friend? It was his idea! We can't just take her reputation and don't give her anything back in return. I don't understand.

"You're saying that you accept her as your friend?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Look where we are Riley. We are on a party! As much as I hate to admit it, but I am actually quite excited to be here. This whole idea of gathering people to get drunk and dance and act like animals is more than just stupid, but I'm here to observe. We are here to live a little", Jake says and I nod quietly. Jake always wanted to be a normal teenager. Once, he had told me that he never wanted to be labeled as a nerd, but he accepted it anyway. His social awkwardness caused him to be labeled and he thought that he was too shy to overcome this weakness. The weakness of not being able to socialize with other people. Making friends. That's what the both of us have in common. That's what brought us together and I am more than happy to say that I would never change anything if that means that I wouldn't be friends with him. Jake White is my best friend and I hope that this will last forever.

"There you are! It took me nearly an hour to find you!", the cheerful voice of Keira calls and a smile automatically spreads over my lips. Her curled, mahogany hair falls perfectly over her shoulders. Her heavenly blue eyes seem to glow in the dark and her rose-colored lips look like cotton candy. Soft and sweet. Keira is dressed in some simple black, ripped skinny jeans which she combined with my navy-blue sweatshirt. I have to admit that a weird feeling filled my lower body when I saw her wearing my sweatshirt. Feelings I don't know and never felt before.

"It's too loud i-inside", Jake stutters as she tilts her head, her blue eyes resting on him and a sincere smile stretches over her lips. Just how beautiful can one human being be?

"That's only because you aren't drunk yet", she answers and Jake stares at me alarmed. His pine-green eyes filled with fear.

"No. Just no", my voice strong and confident. Something, I'm more than just simply surprised by.

"You have to experience it once in your life. I'm here for you! You know that I don't drink anymore and I'll be here, taking care of you. I promise", she comforts us, but Jake shakes his head repeatedly. His red mop of hair swinging from one side to the other.

"It's a school-day Keira!"

"Jesus Christ Riley. Do you want to become a butterfly or not? It's worth the experience", her voice strong when she stares at me. Jake, on the other hand, looks more than confused.

"Butterfly?"

"Jake White. Tell me, are we friends?", Keira asks, penetrating him with her eyes. He nods without saying a single word. His voice probably broke due to the pressure sitting on his shoulders.

"Awesome. Then let's get you drunk", she says. Her left hand grabs his before she pulls him inside. His pleading glance rests on me, begging me to save him.

"I don't think that this is a good idea!", I shout loudly. Either she doesn't understand what I'm saying or she doesn't want to listen to me, but she drags Jake into the kitchen without glancing back once.