Are You New?

A/N: Hey so I started a new story and I already think i like this one more than the last one I was working on... let me know what you think by commenting and voting!

"SAMANTHA! IM SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT WE ARE FINALLY GOING TO SEE [band name, other than PVRIS] TONIGHT!" You yelled into the phone to your best friend, Sam. "I know, i know.. i literally can not wait, but i gotta go now. Start getting ready for school, I'll talk to you later!" "bye!"

I can't believe [band name] is finally coming to Boston. You thought to yourself. 

You were already dressed, eager to get the day started. You sprinted downstairs to the kitchen and ate a quick bowl of your favorite cereal. Your parents had already left for work like usual so you cleaned up your mess, grabbed your car keys, bag, and earbuds, and walked out the door. 

It was pretty nice out so you only needed a hoodie over your shirt that had [band name's] logo on it. You hopped in the driver's seat of your car and headed off to school blasting your favorite playlist off of your phone. When you showed up to your locker you noticed an unfamiliar girl pacing the hallway looking lost. "Hey, I'm y/n. Are you new? You seem to be a little lost.." When the girl looked up at you, you froze. Her eyes were hazel, but mostly green (you have a thing for green eyes) and her small smile was stunning. Her hair was shaved on both sides, a haircut you felt only she could make look gorgeous. "Uh yeah actually haha. I'm Lynn, and if you could help me find my locker that would be pretty rad." she said, still smiling. 

"Yeah, of course i can help!" you were willing to take every opportunity to talk to Lynn from now on. "Oh nice, your locker is right this way, next to mine." you said, leading the taller girl to your lockers. "sick, i get a locker next to a cutie" she said confidently. All you could do was stand there and blush. Lynn knew how she made you feel and she decided to leave it at that. For a moment there was an awkward silence broken by you asking her what classes she had. Turns out you have second period, lunch, and eight, your last period, together. 

The bell rang and you and Lynn went your separate ways. 

You couldn't pay attention to anything during first period. All you could think about was Lynn. You wondered if that was her full name or just a nickname she went by. You wanted to know if she was into girls too but judging by her comment before, you assumed she was. 

The rest of your first period class dragged on for what felt like hours. When the bell finally rang you were almost sprinting to your second period class. When you finally made it in the room you were extremely early and surprised to see Lynn already sitting down by herself in the back of the room. You decided to walk over to her. "Hey Lynn, is this seat taken?" you asked, gesturing to the seat right next to her. "Not if you're going to be sitting in it." She said with a smirk. She made you blush once again and you took the seat next to her. 

The two of you made small talk until the second bell rang and your teacher walked in. In the few short minutes you learned Lynn is short for Lyndsey, she's in a band called PVRIS with her two friends from New Hampshire and she's into graphic design stuff. You were already so interested in this girl. 

The entire period yours and Lyndsey's feet were touching under the desk. This small amount of contact made you feel like there were butterflies in your stomach and you wondered if she felt the same way. You hoped she did. 

Eventually the bell rang and you had to endure two more periods before lunch with Lynn where you both agreed to sit with each other so you can get to know each other better. 

The classes went by faster than expected and before you knew it, you were making your way to the cafeteria.

When you walked in you saw Lynn sitting with a familiar face. Sam. You walked over two the two and asked "hey guys! you guys have classes together?" Lynn smiled up at you that smile that made you want to melt and responded "yeah actually, Sam and I have most classes together. Are you guys friends?" You sat down next to Lynn and explained to her that you and Sam had been best friends since middle school. Sam gave you a look that you couldn't quite read until it was too late. She opened her mouth and started telling Lyndsey the story of how you two met. "Y/n was getting picked on a lot for coming out as gay and i didn't see anything wrong with it because my sister is also gay and y/n seemed pretty cool so i befriended her and we've pretty much been besties ever since." she laughed finishing her statement. 

You were frozen in your chair as you waited for Lynn's response. You let out a breathe you weren't aware you were holding when she responded "That's totally cool! i got a lot of shit from people when i came out as gay in my freshman year. Too bad Sam wasn't there to rescue me!" she laughed and looked at you with a knowing expression. You smiled at her and glanced at Sam who looked smug. 

For the rest of the lunch period the three of you talked about music and art and since it was Friday, if you were going to make plans this weekend. You all said you were busy tonight but maybe next weekend you guys could do something. Eventually the bell rang and you and Sam headed to your  sixth and seventh period classes. When you sat down in your seventh Sam finally asked the question you were waiting for. "So have you gotten her number yet?" you laughed a little at how aware your best friend was. She could always tell when you were into someone. But you had to admit, it did come in handy sometimes, she was an excellent wingman. "No i didn't...yet. Do you think she's into me?" Sam looked shocked and said a little to loud "y/n are you joking?! Of course she is! Did you not see the way she smiled and looked at you? And how close you two were sitting? GET HER NUMBER Y/N WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" 

"Samantha and y/n, is there a problem?" your teacher asked slightly annoyed. "Nope not at all, sorry for disturbing the class." you said, holding back laughter. 

The bell rang and you and Sam said goodbye until later tonight when you would pick her up at the concert. Before she left, you told her you had your last class with Lynn and she encouraged you to get her phone number. 

You were pumped. You took your time getting to you last class feeling confident and a little cocky. When you walked in, you immediately sat down next to Lynn. She smiled at you for what felt like the hundredth time today. You smiled back and the words fell out of your mouth. "Do you think i could get your number?" Lyndsey's smiled grew wider. She ripped a piece of paper out of her spiral notebook and wrote her number on it followed by "text me sometime ;)" you giggled a little at her attempt at being flirty. She was adorable and so far you were loving it. 

The bell rang and you made your way as quickly as you could to your car so you could get home and get ready to pick up Sam later and head to the concert.