one

This is dedicated to two people. One is Polly-Anna-Rome-Doll who has become a friend I had shared some laughs with whom is also have a character inspired by her. Second is to asatabardo who has made my edits Ion this chapter.  
   *********                                                     
Two years later

It has been two years since that tragic night that changed my life forever.

The same night that took, away from my mother, my friend, my everything. I still had nightmares every night.
The images of my mother's lifeless body haunt my dreams each night. Having no known relatives. I was forced into the foster system.
I have no idea who my grandparents are or why there is no contact with them. Only that my mother and I had been on our own since I was born. She wanted nothing to do with them. I wish I knew why.
What really happened so bad that she had to run away from them? I tried asking before but my mother would just brush it off and mumbled something under her breath.
You all know what I mean. It's that thing people do when they don't want to answer any uncomfortable question. I hate when they do that and mom did it all the time when it came to her past.  I now live in a huge house, that's not my home with people who are not my family. on top of that, I also have a new school. It's not that bad actually, I don't hate it. There are few kids from class and study groups I hang out with sometimes. I wouldn't call them my friends Though. I had friends, real friends I could count on and promised to always be there for me. We may not live in the same town anymore but that is why things like video calling were invented. I'm also not in any after school clubs or attend any functions or games.I have no problem with huge groups, it's just that I prefer to spend my free time by myself along with my playlist and not to mention a good book. Then to be next to a few hormonal girls drooling over the teams.

"Leia, is that you?"
Mrs.Hanson my current foster care guardian shouted. I refused to used the word"MOTHER" to anyone

"Yeah, Karen it's me!'
I replied while walking inside.
"Come here would you?' I wonder what she wanted me for.

"Leia Miss Johnson is coming over tonight, she said it's important and we all should be here when she talks to you" Miss Johnson is my social worker she normally comes over to make sure everyone is "Happy" but that was only weeks ago so why is she here now? 

Maybe she is tired of her draggy hair dues or boring gray pencil skirts and needed some fashion advice?

Nah I'll wouldn't get off that easy.

She must have heard of my lacking in all schooling activities and is going lecture me on the importance of participating.

"why?" I question. 

 " I don't know she didn't Want to talk about it over the phone Why don't you go on and start to get ready for dinner"  she smiles. She is a beautiful lady with blond hair and the blue eyes.

"yes ma'am" I answered then ran up to my room to get ready. 

Couples hours later Miss Johnson arrived and sat at the table with us. Making the number of persons around the table and even number of six. There were other kids under the age of 15 at the table, making them younger than me. their twin girls and been here since age 7. when their parents died in a car crash and came to live with uncle and aunt.