Damon's Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

I suddenly felt a warm hand stroke my damp cheek gently then heard a familiar voice whisper,"Elena, you okay?"

"Go away, Stefan," I grumbled into the pillow not really in the mood at all for Stefan's comforting crap. Truthfully, I wanted a break from BOTH Salvatore brothers.

"Elena-"

"Get the hell out!!" I shrieked and Stefan was gone in an instant leaving me to continue crying into my already soaked pillow. Even though I was sleeping on the left side of the bed, it still had Damon's smell. Bourbon and some kind of expensive cologne I still couldn't name. Why was he such an ass and why do I still love that ass?

I sensed someone standing in the doorway debating on whether they should enter or not. Assuming it was Stefan I prepared for another verbal attack,"Stefan, I told you to get your ass out of this room!"

"Seeing as I'm not Stefan, would you object to me staying?" Another male voice asked softly yet still extremely kindly. I looked up and saw Elijah standing there wearing a dark grey v neck T-shirt over a pair of black boxers. I have to admit that he looked pretty good.

Sniffling, I shook my head and Elijah calmly made his way over to the large four poster bed and sat down on the edge of it,"Are you alright, Elena?"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear it, Elijah," I snapped as I hugged my pillow tighter. "I'm pretty sure the people in Africa heard it. And China. Maybe even Australia."

"Nonsense, Elena. All you two had was a mild lover's spat. It happens. You just have to get through it with time. Trust me. I've been there a few times in my thousand years."

I looked up through my tears at the small smile on Elijah's face then scared the absolute hell out of him by bolting into his chest where fresh tears escaped. He quickly got over his shock then wrapped me in a comforting hug. For the first time since knowing Elijah, I was actually thankful for him.

Sensing that he was probably going to be here all night, he carefully laid down on his back and allowed me to curl up next to him with my head resting on his surprisingly muscular chest. It was a little awkward at first, but the awkwardness soon dissolved into a comforting silence. I never thought I would one day be sharing a bed with an Original who actually kidnapped me once, but immediately apologized for it afterwards. Of course I forgave him.

Who knew Elijah could care so much? Even though my tears were staining his shirt, I knew he didn't mind. I clung tightly to the soft cotton and let the tears flow freely. I fell asleep to the soft murmuring of Elijah's voice and the feeling of his hand gently stroking my hair.

Damon's POV:

How the hell does she expect me to be happy that she's pregnant and it's obviously my dick brother's kid?! Am I supposed to put a smile on my face and say congratulations?! I didn't freaking think so! So I earned the right to be pissed at her and my brother!

I stormed down the hall to a random bedroom that I knew wasn't occupied and slammed the door closed extra hard. I knew that everyone in the house heard our fight and I probably even woke up Stella and Scarlett. Oh well.

With my supernatural hearing I could hear Elena's sobs causing guilt to flow through me, but only for a minute. That bitch cheated on me with my baby brother for crying out loud! I then heard Stefan's voice then Elena shouting at him and he left. Why was I even listening in the first place? Whatever.

I focused my attention back to the room and saw my surroundings for the first time. I didn't realize it, but I went into the room that Stefan and I kept most of the stuff from our human lives at. My face softened as I looked around the bedroom at the things that were parts of my human life and I began to remember bits and pieces of my past.