Chapter 7

Shields of light grip the spinning metal, nature and man clashing with fists. Sweat coats my brow reminding me of the aches in my legs. I've never been a fan of spin bikes. The pain it brought my calves was always too much to bare but now I welcome it with fucking cookies.

It's now 6am, I haven't seen Ryder in four hours. After he fell asleep I wandered the foreign territory until I found the gym. My safe house. His dark lashes and soft snores still engraved in my mind. He's an image of light but I have no electricity or money to pay those bloody bills. My wolf whines in my head, she hungers for the presence of our mate. I do too. Why did I have to find him? I already feel myself wanting to give everything I own to him. My thoughts, emotions, passions and soul. Fuck, I'm already sounding like a Taylor Swift song gone wrong.

Sweat claims my cheeks, sliding down my neck to create some yummy sweat kebabs. Oh, how I'd love to lick the sweat off Ryder's abs. What the hell Ace?! My wolf internally purrs at the image of her mate. Focus, remember how much you hate spin bikes. Oh yes, time for some sexy calves pain.

After my workout, I creep around the giant friggin castle. I think they need to add a sign saying "We're rich, we'd be the perfect bank to rob but we fucking love to kill people.". Ok, calm. Find the bedroom Ace. Light wanders around the grand Windows, licking my skin in perfect warmth. The walls kissed by angels paint and the scent of sweet strawberries on a summers day wafts the halls. I have to admit, this place has a welcoming hug that guides you into the heavens of tranquility. I finally find my way to the small room, I assume is mine. I find my bag of clothes neatly laying on the bed. Ryder is gone, phew! I pick out some denim whitewash boyfriend jeans and a plain black t-shirt with some red converse. I head to the small ensuite that could make a millionaire feel bad about themselves. Vanilla candles line themselves along the sink drowning my skin in ice cream cupcakes. I take a quick shower before throwing on my clothes and letting my hair to dry into its natural golden waves.

I wander back out to halls with the intention to force Ryder to take me back to Crescent moon. It's now 10am so more wolves litter the halls with confused stares directed at me. New blood. I can feel their indecisive auras as they ponder whether to kill me or welcome me. They can sense my power through my pack warrior ties and alpha blood so they know it won't be an easy fight.  A group of pups stop playing their game of chasey to look up to me with fearful eyes. Am I really that scary, maybe I should've put some make up on. Shit.

A group of teenage boys suddenly walk by.
"Who's she?"
"I'd gladly tap that ass,"

I growl lowly in my throat. Their eyes grow wide.
"Where's your damn alpha?" I growl out, locking contact with the tallest boy.

"Th- the the oval," he stutters.

"Thanks," I mumble before making my way out through the sliding doors. Woodsy scents greets me through the breeze, my mate. The sun tans the cut green grass. I notice a large group of wolves boxing in the middle of the oval, pack warriors. I walk over slowly, analysing their techniques and movements. As I get closer, I notice a very shirtless Ryder in the middle. Oh, fuck me. I should've brought a spare pair of underwear. My wolf purrs appreciatively at the sight of her yummy mate.

Ryder suddenly stops his movements and locks eyes with me. No turning back now. His eyes light up with glee before jogging over to me. The whole groups stops to watch our exchange curiously.

"Morning kitten," he purrs in a husky voice, taking my panties on a waterslide. He goes to wrap his chiseled bicep of perfection around me but I step back and turn my eyes hard.

"Take me home," I whisper quietly. I look up to see his happy eyes turn stone.

"No," he says simply in a hard tone.

"But, yo-u," I go to argue but he puts his finger to my lips.

"Full stop Ace, this is your home now," he says in finality. My eyes move to slits. My blood boils. No full stops? ASS, oh i'll give you a grammar lesson in a bloody second.

I raise my knee to smash him where the sun don't shine...