Chapter 6

******************************

Jennifer Fleance

For me, the safest place is Mike's basement. But I needed to think, I needed to clear my mind, I needed to breathe, and I needed to cry my heart out. And the basement isn't a place to do stuff like that. I don't have much friends here except Mike and Bianca, she's Mike's ex-girlfriend and my old high school friend. She didn't break up with Mike because of me. She had to go to Virginia for some work. But now she's back, and I think I need to talk to her. I have to shout!

I called her, and she was really happy that I called. I took a cab, and went straight to her place.

She opened the door, and greeted me with "love" what I'm not getting these days.

"Oh my god Jen! It's so nice to meet you. We've been so out of contact, I missed you so much!"
I started to cry.

"Why are you crying? Did you and Mike fight again?"

"Yeah we did, but this is serious."

"So did he hit you? Or lectured you about love or something?"

"No, I need to talk to you."

"Let us."

"Okay, so you remember Harvey's bitchy sister?"

"Yeah, who can forget her??"

"Right. So she and Mike were dating, and Mike fell for her and then she told him that he should stay away from me because else I'll be stuck with them, forever! And you won't believe it!"

"What?"

"Mike actually thinks she's right!! He explained me, but who cares about me?? I just fought with my mom, and she doesn't love me and my life's a disaster!!"

"Oh my! Mike even listened to that slut?"

"Yeah!"

"Well, I gotta talk to him."

"Are you guys okay? I mean you broke up."

"The day we broke up, we were good. It was important. We didn't even see a future."

"Well, okay then."

"You wanna stay here for the night?"

"No, my mom came and then she went again."

"Okay."

"I love you Bianca!"

"I love you too."

"See ya."

"Bye."

She's the best!!

I have to face Mike again, because it's Wednesday! We have to meet at the supermarket he works in every Wednesday at 7:30, and it's 7:15. Gotta hurry.

I shouldn't go.

Yes you should.

My brain says something else and the heart!!

I have to go.

I was sitting outside the supermarket, on a bench. And Mike came and held my hand.

******************************