Chapter 3

Title: Riding Risks For Cowboys

Setting: In Texas. During Girl Meets Texas.

Language: English

Rating: T

Pairings: Lucaya (Main)

Author's Note: Italics are what they are thinking or at times what they are doing.

Summary: Set during Girl Meets Texas. When Maya told Lucas she would never speak to him again if he got on the bull. Ever wondered what if Lucas didn't ride the bull and went after Maya instead? Well find out!

Chapter 3: Zay ships it

They reach the campfire site. "Lucas and I are gonna grab the firewood. You three wait here. We'll be back in a minute," Zay says.

Say and Lucas start walking to the shed. "Why didn't they come with us? Or Farkle at least?" Lucas asks confused.

"Because," Zay stops walking because they've reached the shed, "I need to talk to you about a certain Friar woman."

"What Friar woman?" Lucas begins confused, "Oh. Pappy Joe was just kidding around."

"Pappy Joe and kidding around in the same sentence. Are you for real right now?" Zay laughs.

"Look there's nothing going on between me and Maya, Zay," Lucas says.

"Okay," Zay begins disbelievingly, "Then why didn't you ride the bull?"

Lucas stays silent for a moment. "I'll tell you why. Because Maya said she wouldn't speak to you and you couldn't stand the thought of never talking to Maya again."

"So? That doesn't mean I like her like that."

"Okay," Zay says with disbelief evident in his tone, "Just answer me three things you like about Maya and I'll let it go."

"Fine," Lucas says and rolls his eyes.

"I like how passionate she is about art. And how she likes to pretend she doesn't care about stuff but I know she does. I like how her whole face lights up when she laughs and that little game we play. I like how she teases me and oohs when she can't get to me. I like how she's sarcastic but she can be sincere. I like that I know all her different smiles. I like the little things about her that I notice. Oh my God I like Maya," Lucas admits surprised.

Zay chuckles, "Oh yeah I ship it! LUCAYA is life!"

"What's Lucaya?" Lucas asks confused. "I'll explain later," Zay shakes his head, "Let's get the firewood and head back to the campsite."

I had better stuff written but wattpad deleted it so I just tried to remember what I could and it seems really sucky in comparison to what I had written.