epilogue

a/n: this epilogue is from third person point of view :-) also one direction and hey violet are in here bITE ME

above is what malum look like (so kind of current)

also imagine lillian as stephanie march (or alex cabot) from law & order svu if you wanna

+5K READS WOWOWOOWOW THANK YOU ALL THIS BOOK HAS GONE SO MUCH FARTHER THAN I THOUGHT IT EVER WOULD AND NOW I CAN MARK IT COMPLETED UGH THIS IS AMAZING IM SO PROUD

++

When Calum and Michael graduated high school those two years ago, they never expected their lives to turn out the way they did.

Throughout their college years, Michael and Calum lived together and went to colleges only a few hours away from one another within their home-state of Illinois. They shared an apartment in the city of Champaign, which is more or less two hours between their two schools.

Right before graduating, Michael received a partial scholarship for creative writing to Chicago State University, where he accepted graciously. Apparently, his old English teacher, Mr. Hughes, turned in his investigative journalism essay to the board because he had a friend who was on it, and they absolutely loved it, finalizing their decision to accept him.

Calum graduated high school with all honors and got accepted to many schools including Harvard and Princeton. However, he chose to stay in his home-state and go to Bradley University Slane College in Peoria, where he could focus on his music and possibly house a career producing or writing music, which is what he loved to do. On the side, he has a job at a popular record store, and he's one of the customers' favorite employees because of his passion for music.

Because his drive was give or take an hour longer than Calum's, Michael sometimes stayed at Ashton's dorm room because Ashton also went to Chicago State University with a major in education; he really wanted to be around kids and give them something to use in their life.

However, Ashton didn't focus too much and rather focused on drinking irresponsibly, becoming a miserable drunk. His older and wiser roommate, Louis, tried to help Ashton a lot and never drank around him. But Ashton couldn't help it and still was hopelessly in love with his ex-girlfriend, Bryana, who rejected him countless times again. Maybe it was because of his younger age, maybe it was because of his sudden alcoholism, Ashton never knew. He forgot his own name when drinking, but always called for her when he was terribly intoxicated.

One day, Ashton ran into her in a coffee shop, and they caught up with one another. Bryana had admitted her life just wasn't the same without Ashton either, and they tried their relationship again, a year and a half after Ashton graduated high school. However, they broke up again, but this time it was a healthy and amicable breakup, and Ashton promised to never take in a drop of alcohol again. He had his moments, but Louis and his boyfriend, Harry (who was the same age of Ashton), always helped him through it when Michael wasn't there to do so.

Michael had met Harry before getting to know Louis, however; Harry was in a majority of his classes. He was excellent at writing short stories and poetry and always carried a notebook around with him incase he got inspired. He had told Michael he and Louis met in the library, and Louis was just there to meet up with some guy for a date. Then Louis says that he had spotted Harry and was "immediately taken with the curly-headed boy" who was looking at books. Louis had pretended to be smart and read a lot of books when, really, he hasn't picked up a book since his first year of high school. Harry liked the witty, elder boy a lot, and they've been together since; for two years now.

Back in high school, Michael stopped being friends with Luke when he found out he was a homophobic asshole; as soon as he came out with Calum, Luke turned on him and forced his close friends to do the same, so Michael was never popular the same way after that faithful Thursday when Michael kissed Calum oh-so passionately in the middle of the hallway. Not that Michael minded because he had Calum and Ashton, and that was all he needed.